• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning. I'm back.

Rip, funny you should mention those damned updates. Just last night I was looking for a way to stop the and I ran across this. Let me share.

Link
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...s-10-how-to-stop-forced-updates/#7eb8f0f246f6

Interesting. I had postponed the security update the other day. And it showed up and I posteponed it one more time. Then it said it couldn't update. Then it crashed.
I think I'll call microsoft. Just so I can get pissdd off at their sorry excuse for an answer... ah...never mind.

I'm going back to w7. Update when I say so. And what I approve....

Good morning Mossberg owners.

How's that snow blower going, Rip?

We've been getting some mild rains here, and snow in the High Sierra.

We are still way below normal but they are predicting more big snowfall in the high mountains.

The newspaper said this morning that 2005-2015 was the worst 10 years for rain in recorded history, save one on the late1400s and one in the late 1700s.

I wonder how they know how much rain fell in the 1400s or 1700s. Must have been climate change back then too.

Good morning Mossberg Forum friends. Mostly clear skies, although I do see some cirrus clouds off to the south. It's 47 with a north wind at about 10 mph.

Yesterday was windy and warm. I was able to go for a short ride, about an hour. Today is fun (gun) show day . It is not the big one, that is part of the appeal.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day and stay safe.

Top o the mornin fellas....

The grandkiddoe is here this morning. He had his tonsils and adnoids out on Monday, so he's still a little cranky. Poor kid...his breath is horrible from being cauterized. Last night was the first night all week he slept though without waking up.

Enjoy the day. It's nice n brisk up here.

Good morning MOers. 43 here with high thin clouds.

Best wishes to the grandson for a speedy recovery Rip.

I went to the gun show yesterday. Picked up a pocketknife, a little folder, a hand slapper, and a used .22 rifle. When I get some pics I'll post em.

This morning I am painting a bathroom. I hope to git er done today, as Larry the Cable Guy would say.

Have a great day and stay safe.

And here they are. The rifle is a Stevens Savage 87A, .22 Long, short, Long Rifle. The knife is a custom stag and Damascus folder. The hand slapper is a nifty little thumper to carry in your pocket.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20180318_153556762.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20180318_153556762.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 4
  • thumbnail_IMG_20180318_153733712.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20180318_153733712.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 4
  • thumbnail_IMG_20180318_154413334_HDR.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20180318_154413334_HDR.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 4
Hello Mossberg owners. Sort of a dreary day here in Clovis. I was not inclined to go out.

I got up early & changed water on three aquariums this morning. Then I made my wife a nice big Sunday breakfast, and took her to see The Last Jedi at the cheap theater.

This was a movie clearly written for a generation of fantasy-loving kid's, brought up by mother while dad was in jail. There's not a single man in the movie that you can trust.

It was a great movie for special effects but a total failure for acting, dialogue, and most of all science fiction. There was not 10 seconds of actual science in the entire thing, and the rest was virtually all either violent explosions or endless drivel about everyone's feelings and fantastic supernatural jedi psychokinetic manipulations.

Even as Hollywood type science fiction goes it was a total flop IMO. Clearly all the talent went to the special effects.

This is supposed to be a metaphoric battle between good and evil, but while they spend about 10 minutes on the Good and Evil part, the other 2 hours and 10 minutes is just the Battle of the Sexes played out with laser guns and spaceships.

Then there were these annoying "dog whistles" to gun control advocates and femanazis.

If you haven't seen it consider yourself lucky and forget about the conclusion of the Star Wars trilogy trilogy.

I don't know how it could possibly more be more of a sell-out, but I guarantee that it will.

Good morning Mossberg friends. Windy and 53 this morning under clear skies. It looks like a decent week weatherwise is shaping up.

Yesterday I finally finished painting our bathroom. Now a little caulk around the bath tub and it will be finished. Next project is a leaking valve in the other bathroom in the shower. LOL, it's always something.

I have been reading some disturbing reports about students that support the NRA and guns in general are being treated badly by schools and by other students, but that is for another thread.

Good morning Mossberg owners.
We had a little Frost last night but the sun is out this morning in the sky is blue and it's warming up quickly.

My wife is very anxious to hire a contractor and get started remodeling our kitchen. But I think we're going to be glad we waited because the guy I'm working with now seems a lot more reasonable.

I talked to a few people who seem to me like they were more geared toward flashy expensive jobs and that we probably were not their dream clients, and therefore would maybe get less attention.

Anyhow I have another guy coming over this morning here to look at my roof. I got up there and fixed it the last time but this time I'm going to hire out.

I love star wars. Except tthe second triolgy. Those sucked....

I hated the mystical part where some guy with an electric sword is faster than the guy with a full automatic blaster.

I don't care how fast you are, the physics of wiggling your finger on a trigger versus the physics of moving your arms and torso is a big deal regarding speed.

The thing that separates science fiction from fantasy is the fact that science fiction must obey known science, unless a plausible scenario can be formed to suggest science we don't know.

That's what science fiction is about. Now I could understand Jedi Mind Control if there were some electronic devices involved, but presented as some Godlike magical power such a story denies the very existence of science.

In the latest version of Star Wars they even deny common sense.

There's a guy who is ready to destroy the rebel troops at any cost and they are within his sight. But somehow his ships cannot catch their ships, his ship cannot shoot their ship, he can't send a missile at their ship, and he can't send his Fighters out to shoot their ship.

They have hyper Light Drive, but they can't jump ahead to the place where they know the rebels are going, and shoot back at them as they approach!

Finally when the Rebel Ship turns around to RAM them ( . . . what is this the freaking Peloponnesian War?) It is clearly in range for quite a long time and they still can't manage to blow it up. A passenger ship and they can't blow it up.

How in the world did these guys get to rule the entire galaxy? They don't have enough grasp of physics to work a stick shift Ford!

There used to be a broad notion that fiction was immoral. Then we came to accept fiction as acceptable entertainment long as it had a moral purpose to it.

Now we've come to produce fiction, that is no longer pretending that it's not totally immoral, and science fiction that is totally wrong about science.

When Gandalf the wizard waves his magic wand and strange things happen, you accept that in a fantasy.

Because the same thing happens in a spaceship doesn't make it science fiction. It's just a magician in a spaceship.

By the way, I love the part where they are "dropping" bombs from one spaceship on another.

In deep Outer space guys???

There is No gravity!

How the heck do they fall?
OR, Why aren't the bombers falling too?

. . . but we can't let that spoil a good story!

Just kidding....
It is far fetched. But, you need to remember...."It's a movie."
There is nothing that hollywood puts out that can be construed as real, foloows common sense, and now a days nothing has a good "story"...
I think the last good movie I saw was the matrix.

Good morning Mossberg owners. 42 and cloudy this morning in Tulsa. I hope you all are well.

I really did not get into Star Wars after the first three movies. I think I got too busy with life or something like that.I used to watch Star Trek when it was a TV series, but was not a big fan of the movies.

Have a great day and remain safe.

Good morning Mossberg lovers.We have clear skies this morning and 35 degrees. The high this afternoon should be in the mid 60s. That sounds nice to me.Oh, happy spring as well.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

Back