• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Memorial Day

Ernst

.30-06
"Philanthropist"
Memorial Day is an American holiday, observed on the last Monday of May, honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. Memorial Day 2018 occurs on Monday, May 28.

Originally known as Decoration Day, it originated in the years following the Civil War and became an official federal holiday in 1971. Many Americans observe Memorial Day by visiting cemeteries or memorials, holding family gatherings and participating in parades.

Please remember those gave their lives to ensure your freedom.

Last edited:
This Memorial Day is the 18-year anniversary of the National Moment of Remembrance.

All Americans should observe one minute of silence at 3pm, in whatever time zone you happen to be in.

stg052518dAPR20180524124506.jpg

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2013/09/the-fallen-9000/

9,000 Fallen Soldiers Etched into the Sand on Normandy Beach to Commemorate Peace Day
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
CHRISTOPHER JOBSON

sand-1.jpg

sand-2.jpg

sand-3.jpeg

sand-4.jpeg

sand-5.jpeg

sand-6.jpeg

sand-7.jpeg

sand-10.jpeg

sand-11.jpeg

sand-8.jpeg

This past weekend British artists Jamie Wardley and Andy Moss accompanied by numerous volunteers, took to the beaches of Normandy with rakes and stencils in hand to etch 9,000 silhouettes representing fallen people into the sand. Titled The Fallen 9000, the piece is meant as a stark visual reminder of the civilians, Germans and allied forces who died during the D-Day beach landings at Arromanches on June 6th, 1944 during WWII. The original team consisted of 60 volunteers, but as word spread nearly 500 additional local residents arrived to help with the temporary installation that lasted only a few hours before being washed away by the tide

Thanks to all who have, contune to, and will serve!!!

I couldn't go to the cemetery yesterday because of my wife's injury, but I will go today while she is at the hospital recovering from surgery.

20170704_072023.jpg

Back