• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Our First Shockwave Part

OR3GUN

Sponsor
Sponsor
While it is a bit of a departure for us, when the Mossberg 590 Shockwave came out we quietly waited for the aftermarket to allow addition of a simple light/laser combo to the factory forearm.

We just wanted a laser and a white light mounted to the forearm where we could get at it from any point in the pump cycle to cut through the fog on a night match stage gun. What emerged from the aftermarket were bulky, multi-purpose rail skeletons that went against the nature of such a compact gun. So, we decided to make it happen ourselves:

Forearm-Rail-Platform.jpg

Nestled among our other unique sighting options, the Sight Saddle - Light Rail Platform (SS-LRP) is a simple way to mount a Light/Laser to any Mossberg factory polymer 'Corn Cob' forearm.

http://www.or3gun.com/OR3GUN/about_or3gun_sightsaddle.htm

As the Shockwave was designed to pack a punch into a lightweight package, we went with the same philosophy.

Shockwave-Forearm-Rail.jpg

The SS-LRP mounts between your Shockwave's forearm and the factory strap using the longer, included screws. The SS-LRP includes a lightweight, polymer Magpul MOE 5-Position Rail section at no additional cost. Your hand doesn't have to leave the safety of the forearm strap to have full control over your light/laser.

Shockwave-Forearm-Rail-CT.jpg

Still very much a Mossberg 930 focused company, but we like to play with the latest toys too!

Intesting part, unfotunately for me I keep my SW business end down....There two SW groups that I know of on FB with members who might want one.

While i like the concept the mounting position interferes with a sling which many of us utilize daily on our shockwaves. However, for non sling users it should work fine.

Could you make a separate piece that allows side mounting, i.e., utilizing a curved L shaped bracket that would allow mounting of the rail to either side of the forearm. Would facilitate utilization of a sling while the bracket remains mounted.

Would be happy to test a side mounted bracket.

Regards

Back