• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Despite good information out there, people still choose to be stupid

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I saw an article from Washington state this evening that said that Spokane PD outfitted their officers with suppressors for their duty rifles.

And in typical fashion, a lot of people were complaining that police officers were using them.

The article said they even had to inform city council that they didn't actually silence the report of a firearm, just slightly reduced the sound, similar to how a muffler on a car works. :confused:

Just read it.

I swear, I think it's like people actually want to be stupid.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/oct/07/spokane-police-will-add-suppressors-to-rifles-citi/#/0

Some of the excerpts:

“It was expressed to us the intent of using the suppressor was only to protect the officers and the public, not to make others unaware of the weapon,” said Councilwoman Candace Mumm.

Roger Clark, a retired Los Angeles County sheriff’s lieutenant who’s been hired by Jones’ family to provide expert testimony at trial on police tactics, defended law enforcement’s use of suppressors to enable communication between officers during an event

Outfitting the department’s 181 service rifles with suppressors will protect the city from the legal costs of worker’s compensation claims filed by officers, as well as from potential lawsuits filed by bystanders whose ears are exposed to firearm blasts. The sound of a fired shot can be louder than the takeoff of jet engines, the department says.

The $115,000 contract raised some eyebrows on the Spokane City Council, who signed off on the purchase last month after they say police satisfied concerns the devices would soften, not silence, a rifle’s report.

I had a couple citizens contact me about why the police are using suppressed rifles,” City Council President Ben Stuckart said.

The suppressors the department purchased, manufactured by Boise-based firm Gemtech, reduce the noise level to 134 decibels, which is still louder than the whir of a chain saw. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration identifies any exposure to sound greater than 140 decibels as creating a risk for irreparable hearing damage.

Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich said his agency had looked into purchasing the devices for their firearms, but hasn’t moved forward not only due to costs but also how citizens might react to their use.
“Those are serious concerns.

There’s some misunderstanding about the effectiveness of suppressors, largely due to depictions in movies and TV shows where the devices hush lethal blasts to a whisper, said Boothe, of the police department.
“There’s this Hollywood mystique,” Boothe said.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I believe this is true after dealing with ignorant people on gun issues my whole life. We live in the greatest age of information known to man yet people have become to lazy to actually educate themselves on even the simplest of issues. All we can do is click like and subscribe and wait for information we already agree with to come to our phones.

stupid is as stupid does...and will forever be that way because you cannot change stupid.....

You are confusing stupidity with those who's agenda disregards truth facts science math etc..... Reality is irrelevant to them pushing theyre agenda no matter how ridiculous or steeped in falsehood makes no difference. You will never ever sway them or change theyre monologue with facts and figures. Wanna win them over for real ??? Provide them a road map to perpetual public position of power and money they will follow you off a cliff its ALL they care about$$$

Last edited:
Back