• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Behind the door guns ??

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
So who all has the good ole behind the door gun anymore ? Anyone ? I know today much to do about security locks and kid proof etc... I support that but its not an issue for us. Just curious if im lone survivor in the old behind the door gun ? 20181029_224153-1.jpgbehind the bedroom door for serious emergency, hung high but easily grabbed. With door open never gets seen, by anyone walking in or out. Only people in our sanctuary with door closed is me and momma.

That wasn't really a thing when I was growing up, so I haven't ever really done that.

But I do have several security cameras all around the property that I can check without ever having to peek through the blinds or cracking a door to find out who's knocking.

There may be a few accessible things throughout the house though. We do have young grandkids, so my stuff is well hidden, and out of reach of little ones, but easily accessible for me and my wife if we think we need to.

But just not right at the door. I figure if someone is trying to bust or push their way through, I may not could reach it in time and I don't want it to be unacessible. So mine isn't located "right there".

Growing up my dad had his in the closet but ready. Now that all the kids are gone it's on the top of the dresser.....Lol.
As for me, not behind the door but in my walk in closet, loaded and easy to deploy.

The art still lives, just in various forms.

Nothing behind the door since we have 4 kids in the house. Occassionally if coyotes start becoming a nuisance I'll set one beside the back door before bed.

I did get a nifty little gadget in one of my recent Man Cans, it's from Keybar. A cube that mounts to the wall, with a "trigger" and locks a QD mount for hanging a firearm.

I have thought about utilizing it for the 9mm AR pistol

https://www.keybar.us/product/trigger-cube/

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Nothing behind the door since we have 4 kids in the house. Occassionally if coyotes start becoming a nuisance I'll set one beside the back door before bed.

I did get a nifty little gadget in one of my recent Man Cans, it's from Keybar. A cube that mounts to the wall, with a "trigger" and locks a QD mount for hanging a firearm.

That's a cool little gadget to use. I like it.
Thx for the share diesel.

I may be missing something here, but why spend $60 on that, when a simple $0.05 hook in the wall would do..?

I always keep something close to me no matter where I am in the house. 2 story house with basement is alot of ground to cover in an emergency. I keep a pistol on or close to me in or out of my home. Master bedroom is locked when I leave home. I don't live in a great neighborhood, so multiple locks help just in case.

Last edited:
Shockwave, Mini-14, and SP101 in the bedroom. Everything under the sun elsewhere in the house. Not visible, but I know where they are. We live in a big house with no kids. I keep it lit up at night and armed to the teeth. Look at Kenosha. It can happen wherever you are.

Shockwave, Mini-14, and SP101 in the bedroom. Everything under the sun elsewhere in the house. Not visible, but I know where they are. We live in a big house with no kids. I keep it lit up at night and armed to the teeth. Look at Kenosha. It can happen wherever you are.

Kenosha this week, could be your town/neighborhood next.

Kenosha this week, could be your town/neighborhood next.

Unfortunate but apparently true. The spousal unit and I are traveling 400 miles to South Carolina tomorrow and there will be a P938 SAS with extra mag. and a Shockwave in the vehicle with the handy-dandy Mossberg 18 round ammo belt pouch. I don't carry it on the belt but just use it for more ammo in the car. 5 or 6 in the magazine isn't enough IMO.

Unfortunate but apparently true. The spousal unit and I are traveling 400 miles to South Carolina tomorrow and there will be a P938 SAS with extra mag. and a Shockwave in the vehicle with the handy-dandy Mossberg 18 round ammo belt pouch. I don't carry it on the belt but just use it for more ammo in the car. 5 or 6 in the magazine isn't enough IMO.
Well apparently isolation has made the world crazy....well crazier. Ftr right now I have 2 Mossberg 500's, Mossberg 464 SPX and a Bushmaster AR 15 at my headboard. Three of the four have red dots, so no missing. There was gun fire around the corner from me on Saturday, again. Called the cops. They looked around and didn't find anything, whist I patrolled my home with the AR 15. Chicago!! Smh

Back