• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Back from the gunsmith

MarkS20

.22LR
Tried removing the magazine tube to install a M-CARBO follower but the Loctite got the better of me. Not having a lot of metal working tricks and skills I decided on a local gunsmith. It took three weeks thanks to the backlog due to hunting season approaching and "a lot of heat" but he got it done. New follower in and it's working better than the original plus easier to see when empty (silver aluminum). Now if the smith had remembered to return the original follower. Like to keep original parts. Need to call them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Glad you're getting the gun worked up to suit you.

Mark, welcome to the forum.
Thank you.

M CARBO had a very good 4th of July special so I got their follower, trigger spring kit and trigger spring installation tool. The trigger probably took me 30 minutes to install between watching their video and fumbling with the return spring. The follower only took a few minutes once the loctite was defeated. I did a few shots of Otis dry lube spray down the magazine and on the follower and it runs beautifully. Can't say the same of Mossberg's original stamped piece.

Oh and I called the Smith. They found the original follower and put it aside so I can pick it up.

Back