• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Good evening from Omaha. Sunny skies most of the day with a high of 77. Scattered Tstorms and 70s tomorrow.

I flew over the Missouri River today. These pics were taken about 35 miles south of Omaha. Typically the river is about a quarter of a mile wide here. The flooding was much more widespread a couple of weeks ago, but still have not receded back to the channel.

The pictures were taken from the Nebraska side looking east.

Have a good evening all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning all, had some garden work and some grass to cut after being away. Finished up, had lunch and broke out maybe one of the best ways ever to wind down, plinking with The old heritage 22 combo, its inexpensive to aquire and feed yet such a pure joy.
Relax enjoy your day in the greatest country on the planet. 0417191201.jpg

Last night I had one of those Twilight Zone moments . . .

It happened while I was thinking about the fire at Notre Dame. I had to connect the dots in my brain somehow.

In Covington Kentucky there is a 3/4 replica Basilica of Notre-Dame, all built of stone, but as it originally was without a spire. Those were added to Notre Dame later.

I have not been in Covington since 1966, but last night, while I was half asleep I realized that I had been inside the "three quarter Notre Dame."

But it was 53 years ago and it all came back to me at the edge of consciousness last night

My Uncle Ray was the sexton of that Basilica and lived in the parish house next door.

Previously we lived on the West Coast. I only got to associate with those folks for a short time while I was 11 years old and my dad was in Vietnam.

But one night in 1966 I got to sleep in that fancy and lavish Parish house with my cousins. Guys we had been living in a trailer park in the Arizona desert. This was some of the most impressive architecture I had ever been in.

After dinner I went out with my cousin Mikey and We snuck over the wrought iron gate and climbed the Bell Tower, past the pipe organ with its huge blowers, to the top. You could peek out thru the louvers and see all over Covington and across the river.

There were 4 or 5 big bells but I was also impressed to see huge electric bull horn speakers pointing through the louvers.

The bells ran on an electric clockwork and while we were up there we heard it start to turn and realized the bells were going to go off for vespers. We scrambled down the stairs as quickly as possible to avoid what would have been a deafening experience!

It's quite freakish that I haven't thought about that day in over 50 years, and a great Cathedral had to burn down for me to remember it.

Our Lady of the Assumption Basillica, Covington KY.
cov_cath.jpg
In addition to climbing the right hand tower, we scaled the entablature. This is a 10" wide stone ledge that runs around the entire building at the level of the top step in the pic. If you are 11 years old and hold the cracks in the stonework with your fingers, you can skitter sideways along that ledge, and circumnavigate the structure. The street in back is about 12 feet below this one, and thus one finds oneself clinging to cracks, high above the concrete sidewalk, peeking into the bishops office thru stained glass. ;)

A late good evening, Mossberg owners.

I found tonight out that my dentist (who was the same age as I, but looked a whole lot younger) has perished in a motorcycle accident.

He suffered a flat tire and ran wide around a curve. He was struck head-on by a pickup truck.

RIP Dr. Frank . . .

Dr. Frank had taken over from Doctor Jim when he perished of a heart attack, 2 years ago.

Dr. Jim had been my dentist since 1976.

A late good evening, Mossberg owners.

I found tonight out that my dentist (who was the same age as I, but looked a whole lot younger) has perished in a motorcycle accident.

He suffered a flat tire and ran wide around a curve. He was struck head-on by a pickup truck.

RIP Dr. Frank . . .

Dr. Frank had taken over from Doctor Jim when he perished of a heart attack, 2 years ago.

Dr. Jim had been my dentist since 1976.

Good grief. That just sucks.

Good morning. 46 and cloudy in Omaha. Yesterday was cloudy, then stormy, then windy as all get out.

Today looks cooler and windy. I'll visit a couple of old friends today , maybe one of them will go to an indoor range with me.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good mornin guys.

I called my oral surgeon for a referral to a new dentist and he has retired.
I called the orthopedist, when I tweaked my knee last week, and he has retired.

I haven't seen my GP Dr in over a year. I wonder if he's still with us?

C
Good mornin guys.

I called my oral surgeon for a referral to a new dentist and he has retired.
I called the orthopedist, when I tweaked my knee last week, and he has retired.

I haven't seen my GP Dr in over a year. I wonder if he's still with us?

Cadd, sure signs you are getting old, lol.

Today they are changing the transformer in our neighborhood and all the power is down. But it's a balmy 78 degrees and I still have Wi-Fi on batteries.

Some of my aquarium pumps are running off of batteries too.

I never Watch professional sports as a rule but I read on Espen that major league sports teams are going to quit playing God Bless America because Kate Smith made a satirical song with some black guy almost a hundred years ago, and it uses the word darkies.

People are just not getting over this alarmist bs. Instead they are taking it into their hearts and letting it eat them up.

As you sow so shall you reap, & this applies to angry finger wagging racists.

Abraham Lincoln predicted that black people would never be able to properly assimilate in America and should all be shipped back to Africa.

Back in the seventies I decided that he was totally wrong and that everybody was going to learn to get along.

The problem is that some very prominent people do not want to get along. They make a very handsome and prosperous living by fueling the anger and confusion of others.

This is the kind of crime people only get away with by being protected by large Angry Mobs.

Good morning all. Yesterday I drove back to Oklahoma. Great day for a drive, clear skies, 60s, and a tailwind all the way.

I had a nice visit and was able to fly a couple of times, I even saw a little snow yesterday. We flew to Yankton, S.D. to look at the Missouri River just below Gavins Point dam. Anyways, there was still a small amount of snow in ditches along some of the roads right in the vicinity of Yankton.

It's good to be home again. Have a great day and stay safe.

0420190907.jpg Good morning all, after getting used to some spring warm Bang temps dropped to 40 last night little nippy this a.m.. Mom and daughter (belle and scarlett) inside with me having breakfast, dad and son outside running in the brisk air.
Enjoy your time today.

Last edited:
@meanstreak : The new hatchet is a classic. Lucky Duck!

Good morning folks. Another beautiful day in the Sunny San Joaquin. Easter will be 80F and sunny.

Our power was off half a day so we ate leftovers and none of my aquarium filters ran. I did some big water changes to help, and ran my network from batteries.
I have three 18kva UPS that keep it all going, but it's hardly enough. Half the nodes stayed down. I managed to run a couple air pumps. Water pumps are too much load.

I'm re-working an old computer for my TV room, but I think the motherboard is going out. USB activity is flaky. I may pick up a new board, processor & ram.
I've got a stonkin' monster video card for it that will run two 4k monitors or four 1440 professional monitors. I have two 1440s in 27", two 1080p in 27", a 42" 720p, and a 52" 1080p.

(I floated the idea of putting them all up on the wall at once but was met with much female ire.)

Anyhow, I think it will be the first time I have built a PC in some 6 or 7 years now. I used to build several a year.

Ahhhh . . . retirement. I hope to be saying that a long, long time. ;)

Have a nice Easter folks.

Good morning Mossbergers. High overcast skies this morning and 65 degrees, and a bit of a breeze. Chance of some showers later today and again midweek.

I hope you all had a good weekend.

Have a great day.

Good morning gentlemen.

We had a rather cool Easter Sunday, but a great one. Got to see a lot of family that I don't normally get to see very often and it was very welcomed.

Current weather here is pretty and about 60* and climbing. Blue sky everywhere you can see.

Good morning all. Cloudy skies and light showers here this morning with a temp of 63. The local radar shows heavy rain just 10 miles north and moving northeast. The forecast calls for almost 3 inches the next 36 hours.

Have a great day and be safe.

Its fabulous spring weather last couple days, bordering on hot midday. Had wonderful church sevice for Easter. Looking forward to this week many projects to work on Lord willing and body cooperation I plan to accomplish much. Wishing each of you a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.
The leg recovers slowly but better each day.

@meanstreak
Meanie, I want to go fly again. I may charter something this summer.
Here's an old pic of us in a balloon. How ridiculous, flying around the sky in a woven basket!
Well you can't see us much, but you can see the reflection of my flash in the water below as we fly low over a quarry.
edge.jpg
Sacramento claims Ag uses 80% of California water.

That's 80% of the 7% they allow humans to take.

Nobody is telling that bit. The rest runs out the delta to the sea.

We too had a nice Easter, and all the kids were over for dinner.
Yesterday was mostly messing with fish and watching the news.
85F sunny and hot today, and not much planned except maybe the movies.

Be safe and be ware.

Back