• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Which of this shotguns is better, and what differences they have?

Which shotgun is better, more durable, more reliable, which one is more popular, and which one is more comfortable for using between these 3?
Mossberg 500
New Haven 600
Maverick 88

All three are just about the same shotgun.....all durable,,,,,,,all reliable,,,,,all as comfortable as a shotgun can get.
The New Haven 600 isen't made anymore.

All have interchangeable parts.
Not much difference.
Any of these 3 will serve you well.

Some of the New Haven model 500 have a c-lectic (poly choke) affixed to the front of the barrel. Some also have only one action bar on the pump.
I know because I own one. If you purchase the Western Auto version you will become friends with Mr. Vic Havlin for all things Antique Mossberg. These guns were made long ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Mr. Vic is a stand up guy!

For what it's worth My shotgun which I refer to as a Mossberg model-500 is actually a Newhaven Model 600, I bought it used in March or April 1984 for $109. I keep using it though I've since bought two Remington 870's, one of which I dumped a ton of money into, and now I'm belatedly putting money into it I'm looking to put a cantilever Fully rifled slug barrel on it to make it the equal of my 870 Express that I lavished so much attention on in the late 80's (Hastings rifled barrel, Trap-style butt stock and an Aimpoint), I have several Spare Aimpoint scopes and as a fast working tool for killing deer you will be hard pressed to build anything more effective than a Red-dot sighed 12Ga Sabot slug thrower

But my New Haven 600AT came with a plain, non-ribbed 30" full choke barrel, it does have dual action bars.

For what it's worth My shotgun which I refer to as a Mossberg model-500 is actually a Newhaven Model 600, I bought it used in March or April 1984 for $109. I keep using it though I've since bought two Remington 870's, one of which I dumped a ton of money into, and now I'm belatedly putting money into it I'm looking to put a cantilever Fully rifled slug barrel on it to make it the equal of my 870 Express that I lavished so much attention on in the late 80's (Hastings rifled barrel, Trap-style butt stock and an Aimpoint), I have several Spare Aimpoint scopes and as a fast working tool for killing deer you will be hard pressed to build anything more effective than a Red-dot sighed 12Ga Sabot slug thrower

But my New Haven 600AT came with a plain, non-ribbed 30" full choke barrel, it does have dual action bars.

Welcome to the group!

Back