• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Modding 20 gauge 500 bantam...functional options

Hoghammer

Copper BB
I have a 20 gauge 500 bantam and am wondering what factory or 3rd party forearms will fit it? I've read about different lengths of forearm, etc., but don't really know what it all means with regard to fitting my shotty. Any help is appreciated and welcome!

Most 12G stocks will fit. Forearms are a different story, I am not aware of to many. The diameter of the mag tube makes the 12G models incompatible.

Most likely but there will be a slight lip as the 20g receiver is slightly narrower than the 12g

Picked up a new old stock 500 Bantam 20 gauge combo model 54188. Wanted it for the slug barrel and am going to change the stock to an AR15 type adjustable stock. That's the easy part. Where can I get a black polymer forend? My action slide tube is 4 3/4" and I cant find an aftermarket forend for that length. Thought I might just change the tube to a 6 1/2" tube but they are too expensive. Any ideas?

Back