• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

@meanstreak I hope YOU have a concrete cellar!

Never have I seen a tornado here, but Many thunderstorms on the mountain tops 20 miles to the east.

We are going to have rain 3x this next week, so all re-roofing is delayed until clear weather. I may get to shoot on weds though.

I have been cutting up a $225 (with tax) board to make the new stand. Over half of the cutting is done and I've sealed the parts with 3 coats of polyurethane due to the damp weather. This board is flatter than the last one, and will require much less sanding. :)

The 55g community is doing OK, though I discovered an expired catfish when I moved the tank last. Currently there are four 5.5~6.5" haplochromis, two 5~6" peacocks, two 6" mbuna, two 3~4" convicts, one 5" bristlenose pleco, and one fat 5" upside down catfish, so 12 fish.tank.jpg
I rearranged the plumbing to have a riverine flow instead of circular. Inlet on the left back, outlet siphon on the right front.

@ripjack13 he gets algae Wafers and natural algae from the tank plus whatever the other fish don't eat.

Sometimes I give them zucchini or asparagus stalks which I split open so they can get to the inside.

I keep Malaysian bogwood in the tank and microscopic Critters grow on it that they eat. You can tell because of where the wood has been polished by their mouths.

This is the slightly smaller one and he is trapped in a 16 with a male betta.
15583701641661408719563.jpg

Beta's were always my favorite.

I used to have one that was so tame you could put your finger down in the water and it would come rub up against it like a cat would do to your leg.

Little Heidi the betta is that tame.
I don't need a net for her.
I can just pick her up.
My grandkids can't believe I can pet a fish.

Plecos are so calm, I can reach in and just pick them up if I go slow.

But the big one will sure stir up the tank if somebody spooks him.

Well the cutting and sealing continues.
My plans continue to grow.
I will need more lumber and PVC before this is over.

Good morning. 67 and Tornado warning sirens sounding. We took shelter last night about 9:15 and stayed in the closet till 9:45. I stayed up till 2am watching the weather reports. We were back in the closet at 6:20 this morning till 6:45. The line of storms are just east of us now. No reports of damage yet. From what I can gather a tornado was about 5 miles north of us. We are in a tornado watch area till noon.

Elbert, hope you are ok down there.

Ya'll have a great day and stay safe.

Yeah, I hope everyone stays safe from the tornados.

Sorry that you guys had such a long night too. Try to get some rest if you can.

Fellows I do not believe that I have ever heard a tornado siren. I haven't seen any news reports yet so I don't know if anybody got hit bad.

If I lived in that area I think I would have a storm cellar (or a bomb shelter which is basically the same thing.) Almost no houses out here have cellars or basements.

The way the weather patterns are changing we may start getting some tornado warnings. I think there have only been two minor warnings in 45 years. I think in all that time the only thing destroyed here by a tornado was one chicken coop.

But I've been close by a tornado in Minnesota and it is a scary business. We were in a car at the time, and we could see it on the highway dead ahead. My mom was screaming for my dad to turn around, but it was far enough away that it went its way and we went ours.

Well yesterday I finally separated my two convicts from the African cichlid tank and put them in a 20 gallon by themselves. Things are much happier in the tank now and the convicts are not constantly trying to eat the little fry.

The Africa cichlids don't seem to want to eat their own babies, but the South American convicts seem to be quite ready.

Anyhow I don't know if I have two males two females or a male and a female. There was no way to tell cuz they would not possibly breed in that situation, but two males kept together will fight. So I should know in a short. Of time if I have two males or a breeding pair.

I cut up my huge board and rubbed 3 coats of poly on the pieces. Now I have to cut the smaller pieces and assemble it into an aquarium stand. Hopefully I will get to work on that today. It is supposed to rain twice today and again Thursday, so we have definitely postponed the roofing.

If I get my stand assembled and a good coat of polyurethane on it today I will take off and go shooting tomorrow while it dries.

One of my buddies was so impressed by the Ruger precision rifle that after shooting mine he went out and bought one. I know just how he feels.

You folks stay safe and keep the shiny side up.

Unfortunatetly, I do understand not sleeping half the night meanstreak.

Good morning. 67 and Tornado warning sirens sounding. We took shelter last night about 9:15 and stayed in the closet till 9:45. I stayed up till 2am watching the weather reports. We were back in the closet at 6:20 this morning till 6:45. The line of storms are just east of us now. No reports of damage yet. From what I can gather a tornado was about 5 miles north of us. We are in a tornado watch area till noon.

Elbert, hope you are ok down there.

Ya'll have a great day and stay safe.

It`s all good here, thanks! No real damage but we had 6" of water roll through the barn out back last night but I had prepped it in advance so everything of importance was high and dry. As of this morning we are trapped out here by high water....

:) my front yard this morning.....

103_0423 (2).JPG

Cadd, when I lived in Missouri, Ohio, Nebraska, and Iowa we always had a basement. In Oklahoma, many, including the one I live in, do not. I reckon the soil, or lack of, has a lot to do with the way homes are built. Mostly clay and rock. We do have a good study middle of the house closet we use. Needless to say the tornado shelter, or safe rooms as they are called, is a big business here.

John, I have slept 4-5 hours a night for as long as I can remember. Well, for the past 35 or so years. I don't remember much beyond that, LOL.

we have a retention pond behind us for weather such as we had last night. I literally watched the water level rise about 4 feet in less than two hours. It catches storm runoff from a couple of neighborhoods and various businesses close by.Then it just drains on to the next pond down towards the Arkansas river. The river is 4 miles south of us and I imagine there are a couple of ponds between us and the river. They are all over town.

Elbert, glad you are alright. Sure has been stormy.

I'm glad everything is OK with you Elbert. Sounds like it rained there like pouring out of a boot. Hopefully the rain recedes as fast as it came up.

I'm glad everything is OK with you Elbert. Sounds like it rained there like pouring out of a boot. Hopefully the rain recedes as fast as it came up.

Thanks John! It`s been an extremely wet Spring, lakes are way above normal, creeks and river are out of their banks and last night`s rain on an already saturated ground didn`t help, there`s just no place for it to go but up.....

103_0469 (2).JPG

Yeah, we had a very wet winter too. Didn't get but a fraction of the snow we usually do, but what we got was a lot of rain. If I recall correctly, even though it is just the end of may, we've already surpass the rain levels that we get all the way up through October.

If the ground wasn't frozen, it would slosh and squirt when you walked on it like walking in a swamp or creek bank.

Elbert! How does it feel having a lake-house?

Doggerland will return you know.
When the next ice age starts.
In the mean time . . .

If all the ice melts I will have a seaside view of the San Joaquin Ocean.

I'm still thinking of a bigger boat.

Yeah, we had a very wet winter too. Didn't get but a fraction of the snow we usually do, but what we got was a lot of rain. If I recall correctly, even though it is just the end of may, we've already surpass the rain levels that we get all the way up through October.

If the ground wasn't frozen, it would slosh and squirt when you walked on it like walking in a swamp or creek bank.

This is how the Muskeg is in the fall. At the edge of the Tundra. It has melted down thru layers of frozen peat moss and centuries-dead indians, moose and bear. The tannic acid just pickles the bodies and they don't rot. Then the gales of November swoop down and it freezes solid from the Rainy River to the North Pole.

I'm so glad I moved to California. The taxes suck, but the weather does not.

From wikipedia:
If all the ice covering Antarctica , Greenland, and in mountain glaciers around the world were to melt, sea level would rise about 70 meters (230 feet).

My GPS says 300' ;) I'll still be 70' above mean sealevel.

Last week people were flocking to the banks of the Arkansas River, just northwest of Tulsa,to watch water being released from the Keystone Dam at the rate of 108,000 cfs. It was the highest rate in 26 years. Tonight they are raising that rate to 160,000 cfs. That's 1,200,000 gallons per second. Folks will have to be a lot further away as the river is already bankful. There will be downstream flooding, but they have to make room for water coming down from upstream.

Good morning all, hope everyone especially y'all in,Midwest are good. Hate those storms. I'm a little behind on my outdoor work, I offered a couple youngsters from church an opportunity to make some,cash help,me out a with some work around here, I pay good. Chirp,chirp all I heard was crickets, now they love to shoot here, they love to hunt here, they love to eat my BBQ, hmmm. Oh well, me and mine can handle it and keep my cash. I just checked westher in Alabama , its supposed to,hit 101 on Saturday at ft rucker , wowza.
Stay safe

Last week people were flocking to the banks of the Arkansas River, just northwest of Tulsa,to watch water being released from the Keystone Dam at the rate of 108,000 cfs. It was the highest rate in 26 years. Tonight they are raising that rate to 160,000 cfs. That's 1,200,000 gallons per second. Folks will have to be a lot further away as the river is already bankful. There will be downstream flooding, but they have to make room for water coming down from upstream.

A lot of folks are evacuating in Bixby just in case she jumps at of the banks.....it`s been 25 years since there has been this much water in the river.

Back