• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lets see some bayonets

Another bayonet I'd be really interested in owning are those issued with I think the G3. Id have to look to be sure on that but which ever they were issued with or for, they're out there and available. Last I looked they were running about $50.

I could have a spanking new M7 "just like it" without the scabbard for 65 bucks plus tax about 3 miles down the boulevard at Tops Military Supply.

But my next priority in knife collecting is something else right now. Not to say I wouldn't buy the right thing if I stumbled across it. ;)

Last edited:
I always thought this was totally bad ass myself..(not mine!!)
d1e94d81fef7af81bae4cd0019d78767--post-apocalyptic-trench.jpg

M1917..which is basically a sword!
tumblr_mie71ysJ4g1r9khx4o2_1280.jpg

Well certainly not a sword but it is a real bayonet.

After seeing the descriptions above I had to take the handles off to find out what the tang looked like.

It's holey.
View attachment 17077

Yup, It has the correct near 90 degree grind at the hand guard and the Vietnam contracted ''Hollow'' tang.

From what I have read and heard from Vets the bayonet and scabbard were not paired when new. Just imagine a crate of each being handed out and until you open each package you have no idea what blade and scabbard you got.

You can still find boxed up new ones but I have little interest in those. I would HAVE to open them up to see what combo I had.

Last edited:
I read a story from a major collector who bought an FZR (the rarest and highest priced) on ebay for something like $35. Once he got it and verified That it was a real FZR he contacted the seller and offered him a fair amount of money to make the deal fair. The seller refused and the buyer sent the money anyway and the seller returned it all. He said a deal is a deal.

Long story short was The seller was a Vet from the sandbox in the 1990s and this Vietnam era rare FZR was the blade he was issued. He was just selling his take home bayonet.

Kinda hard to believe those things were still being used but that was his story.

From my experience the Army is not the most organized when it comes to material handling, storage and distribution. I was brought up on Sergeant Bilko so I understood this from the outset.

20171127_115252.jpg 20171127_115207.jpg 1511810061729-1813536673.jpg 20171127_115238.jpg Stopped by one of my favorite lil surplus haunts this morning. Found an M7 Conetta thats serviceable yea me finally a local find !! Did some horse trading ran home and grabbed an M9 that i hated swapped for the M7 a field jacket some glove liners and two surplus mags. I happy they happy.

Since I have all the Vietnam contracted M7 bayonets I decided I needed a M9.

This is my Gen2 Phrobis lll

I didnt realise there was gen's and models... here I just thought an m9 was an m9.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Back