• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

<*}}}><

I got in a little time before another thunderstorm sent me packing towards the car (again)....I caught 3 this morning, one went an even 2lbs and the other was just under at 1lb 14oz. . I think I hit the 2lb`er in the mouth , I didn`t even have time to work the bait and it was game on!....Both were fiesty and give me a little tail dance and a nice fight on light tackle. I even had a Bluegill attack the craw. Once again I was working the top with a Z Man 2.5" Mudbug on a Gamakatsu's #1 hook. (Pflueger Trion 120 - `5 Uglystik Lite Pro - 6lb Trilene XL) C&R---<*}}}><

BvveJwcl.jpg

HvGsGJ1l.jpg

5sIIxGtl.jpg

Are you fishing in waders Elbert? Looks pretty mucky.

No Sir, just from the bank where I can...there is alot of aquatic vegitation, so everything needs to be running weedless or topwater on this pond. Working this on top has provided most of my action.... Z Man 2.5" Mudbug on a Gamakatsu's #1 hook.

103_0580 (2).JPG

Veterans Park Pond in Jenks, Oklahoma.....A small town city park in sight and sound of the Creek Turnpike. The park has a playground, bathrooms, paved walking trail that goes around the pond and two really nice fishing docks. The OK Wildlife Dept stocks this pond with rainbow Trout from Dec. 1 through Feb. 28. I caught and release two this morning and got in a nice walk!

js5et5Gl.jpg

5ZngwQol.jpg
SqkUEonl.jpg

I took my my lightest rig a Lew`s LLS75 that I put on an old Shakespreare Micro Light rod and tied on a Zoom swimmin` chunk on a #1 Gamakatsu hook and went for a walk around a friend`s pond. I caught 3 and lost one in some heavy vegitation....the little Bass went 2lbs 10oz. I was impressed by the tenacity of the little Gills attacking that chunk! :)-------<*}}}><

qibdZt2l.jpg

gbJEikEl.jpg

XAkYiSDl.jpg

It`s a two fer :)

Haskell Lake week 7 (Sunday)....I got out for about an hour Sunday morning and the water was like glass but action was a little slow.....I caught 2 and missed two, a little Bass did a tail dance and shook it`s head and spit out my Crickhopper and a big Gill released itself at my feet and before I could get ahold of it.

mEDHs07l.jpg

B2vt4lul.jpg

Beetle Spin for the win (Monday)....It`s a beautiful but breezy morning here in NE Oklahoma, a 15 mph wind from the NNE made for a slow morning but just before I was going to call it a day I tied on a Beetle Spin and on the 1st cast this little Bass hit it (1lb 12oz). One and done ultralight fun! (Pflueger Trion 120 - `5 Uglystik Lite Pro - 6lb Trilene.)

39fAWu3l.jpg

n1S1P8Ql.jpg

Nice Bass Elbert.

Thanks, they are a lot of fun on an ultralight!

I got out for a few minutes this morning before I started on the yard....I caught one and lost one. I got the one I lost about 10ft from the bank and it shook it`s head and I almost ate that little Rapala crank.... :) Ultralight fun!

SfiBFgOl.jpg

ikIldOyl.jpg

OouM8swl.jpg

I thought I would sneak a little fishing in between the rain drops....I caught two before I called it a day, one went 2.8lbs and the other went 2.1lbs. Both were caught on my Pflueger Trion 120 - `5 Uglystik Lite Pro using a zoom swimmin` chunk on a #1 Gamakatsu hook. Ultralight fun! C&R-------<*}}}><

EZl3paFl.jpg

rIQBCGml.jpg

A bit of s slow morning for me.... Not my taget fish but I had Gill attacked a zoom swimmin` chunk on a #1 Gamakatsu hook. (Lew`s LLS75 -`5 Uglystik Lite Pro).

C&R----<*}}}><

w3bV4gKl.jpg

nqdqXKUl.jpg

0pXHGpdl.jpg

They all count one :)

cququeOl.jpg

Imagine that......3 times in 6 days?

zmG1Ukol.jpg

Well, here`s a pic from this morning.....same spot, same bait and she went 2lbs even. This is a scappy little Bass especially on an ultralight. (Pflueger Trion 120 - `5 Uglystik Lite Pro)

Mp7jWkzl.jpg

This morning`s walk produced a nice Gill and a 2lb Bass, both caught using a Emerald Minnow Road Runner using my Pflueger Trion 120 on a `5 Uglystik Lite Pro with 6lb Trilene XL.

gCZiiT2l.jpg

ZizLuQUl.jpg

I got out for a little while this morning and caught 2 little Crappie and one Bass, my personal best for the year (3lbs 8 oz) . C&R-------<*}}}>< Ultralight fun!

Pflueger Trion 120 - `5 Uglystik Lite Pro - 6lb Trilene XL - Berkley Swim Shad in Firetiger.

gJwIqAJl.jpg

8NAsfcWl.jpg

Back