• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good job New Zealand

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I was reading an article recently about how the gov't banned a bunch of guns. Looks like in true fighting spirit, the government is perplexed by the low participation rate ;)

--------------
Quote: "two months ago, Reuters breathlessly reported, “New Zealand police expect tens of thousands of firearms to be surrendered by a guns buy-back scheme.” Law enforcement authorities averred that “it could be more.” Pregnant with the expectation that gun owners would trade their firearms for cash, the political class is nonplussed by the results.

Only 530 guns have thus far been turned in to the authorities.

There is, of course, that sticky and ever-present issue of money. Not only will Aotearoa citizens suffer the indignity of being stripped of their guns, but they will also be taxed for the privilege.

- https://www.libertynation.com/kiwis-just-say-no-to-gun-ban/
by Leesa K. Donner

An excerpt from the referenced article:

Figures released by the New Zealand police had politicians and law enforcement officials scrambling to comprehend what just happened. Michael Clement, the police deputy commissioner, assessed the situation by telling the media that the number of guns expected to be handed over is “a great unknown question,” primarily because the firearms the government is confiscating have never been registered with authorities.​

-----------------
See... even below the equator they know Registration = Confiscation!

Yeah, they thought they could make a law and people would just blindly submit.

Just wait until the people actively resist and then see what happens. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. All one has to do is look at the history books at all the revolts and uprisings that didn't end too well for the ruling class.

Next they'll be asking folks to turn in friends, neighbors, and family that have not turned in their guns.

That can also get ugly very quickly.

Those in charge have been patting themselves on the back for such a bold step in curbing gun violence.

Now we get to see how they will actually enforce it. I don't want it to turn violent but I don't want to see the people cave on this either.

One of my favorite scenes from The Untoucables was where Ness was asked how far he was willing to go to get what he wanted. That is always the cricial question and sets the tone for the escalation of events to follow.

Everyone in the US, esp gun owners, should be paying close attention to how this plays out. We are but one election or crisis away from being in a similar situation.

Last edited:
My close circle of friends has shrank considerably in the last 10 years. There are a lot of reasons for that. Gives don't ask dont' tell a whole new meaning. Most people on this forum don't even know that my real name is Steve.

My close circle of friends has shrank considerably in the last 10 years. There area lot of reasons for that. Gives don't ask dont' tell a whole new meaning. Most people on this forum don't even know that my real name is Steve.

Our whole friendship has been built on a lie!!!!!!

Boy! That is the fastest response I have EVER gotten to an admin request.

Rip, if you have it your heart to forgive me could you change it back so it matches my plate?

license_20121027180427_80337.jpg

Back