• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning Mossberg owners.

Today I'm going to put the last coat of varnish on my aquarium stand and do a little maintenance on my truck, and hopefully today I will move the stand into the house and get it set level.

Also I still have my flag up from the 4th of July, and because I have my own streetlamp I never took it down at night, but today it will come down.

I've really been lounging quite a bit the past week and finally my knee seems to be in much better shape and the arthritis in my hands is abating.

I'm still doing a little sanding, but it was the hand labor that was taking its toll.

For many years I've wanted to visit a local place called The Forestiere Underground Gardens, which was dug by Baldasare Forestiere back in the early nineteen hundreds. I felt good enough to climb up and down steps and walk around for a while so I took my wife there yesterday.

I'll have to post another thread about this with pictures and everything because it's an interesting story. Right now I don't have time to resize the photographs.

I think I'm going to be praying for rain pretty soon myself Meanie.

Good morning all. We are in for another hot and humid day. High mid 90s with humidity in the mid 70s. MUGGY.

We are heading to the lake this afternoon. Youngest and his family should roll in about 11pm. They go home Sunday as do we.

Have a great day.

It's actually only 80F here at 12 noon. Good afternoon Mossberg Owners.
It will be 90+ soon enough.

It's pretty dry here. My outdoor aquarium system is losing 3~5 gals a day to evaporation. I'll add water to their system and siphon the gravel today. Other fish need attention too. I've been feeding a lot and that means lots of cleanup.

I've been working on the stand and it's looking good, but there are a few thin spots yet. This poly dries fast if the garage is hot, but the garage remains hot and stinky so I hesitate to work there too long. I've been rubbing it out each morning before 7 and then again after 9 PM, so only 2 thin coats per day.

It would be harder if this was a table. You won't see 99% of the top with the tank on, so it has minor flaws I'm ignoring.

I posted all the pix from the underground gardens here today.

Well it's not morning. But howdy just the same.
Cadd, how many tanks will you have after this stand is finished?

Ummm....really only 6 plus 4 sumps, because I will retire the 30's.

That leaves 125, 75, 55 and two 5's, plus outdoor patio 55.

BTW, my wife is freaking a little about the 125. In the end I think she'll like it.
:rolleye:

Good morning all. It's a beauty of a morning. I am having a cup of coffee on the deck with the dog. Clear skies, no clouds or wind and 76 degrees.
It's a bit humid, but we are at the lake so that's to be expected.

My youngest and family arrived Wednesday evening about 9:30. Everyone is happy.

Ya'll have a great day and be safe.

:mornin:

Yay...it's morning still and I'm on.
I took today off so I could rest. I logged in on the admin side and approved/banned about 50 or so peeps. and the other forums as well. I need to take a class on this xenforo stuff. I wish I could add so much more things to the forums and make it easier to post pixs and things. Maybe even upgrade the old forums software to this xenforo stuff. It's soooo much more user friendly. At the very least, I want to upgrade the remington site. That's pretty active. But the phpbb software is outdated and very much NOT user friendly.

I have my red shirt on today.
Enjoy your Friday fellas...

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

I threw my back out of wack a couple days ago and I've been grumbling around fairly idle.

It's getting better & I've managed to work on my aquariums a bit, but little more.

Mostly I've been working out the plans for the plumbing and outdoor improvements, and lounging around a lot.

I may not do much more today. ;)

'Evening guys...

Today I set my new aquarium stand and painted the back of the tank.
I took the mrs shopping for new chairs at La-Z-Boy.
Then we went to the Dai Bai Dang for food.

It was dang good too. ;)

Good morning all . We're going home today. My youngest and his family left yesterday about noon. It was good to have them visit and they had a good time.

It getting cloudy and 69 degrees. I suspect the clouds are remnants of what had been hurricane Barry.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day.

. . . It getting cloudy and 69 degrees. I suspect the clouds are remnants of what had been hurricane Barry. . .

We have had zero cloud cover and 105+ temps the past few days.

N' Orleans is gettin all the rain I see. They're patching levees and praying.

My Mrs informed me our electric bill was $438, and it's been milder than normal last month. We have a huge AC and 3 refrigerators running, plus 7 aquariums running 13 pumps. The heaters are all off though . . . ;)

We are in the high rate tier for power.

It's crazy that the more power you buy, the more you pay per watt hour. If I buy more meat, I get a better price. If I buy more beer I get a better price. If I buy more power I get screwed.

This wouldn't happen if the government wasn't trying to run things like Russia. Rationing a mass commodity instead of unleashing power production. Forcing people to buy solar panels and such BS.

Good morning all. Sunny and 75 and headed for 90+. This is the beginning of about 10 days or so of mid to high 90s with a couple of 100s thrown in for good measure. I prefer this to winter though.

Cadd, I can't imagine Kalifornistan getting any better in my lifetime. The people in power there are just beyond unbelievable. It seems to me they are making it impossible to live there in retirement unless you are filthy rich and they are catering to those that will make it a third world country and the rich will be the ruling class.

I hope you all have a great day and stay safe.

Mornin' Meanie.
It's a boom and bust system here. Eventually everyone booming goes bust.
But who will bust first, given the federal pressures?
Unknown.
Like most of life.

I don't fret much. My remaining fuse is shorter than my bank account.

Morning all. Another 80 degree start to the day under clear skies.

Cadd, 1500 miles or so east and your fuse would be longer and bank account larger as well. Win win, LOL.

My motorcycle buddy from Omaha moved to Oregon this week. Granted he is in a small town on the coast, but still. I hope he can take living amid the liberals up there. Seems to me he jumped right into the hotbed.

Anyways, you all have a great day and stay vigilant.

Years ago I would say, Come over here to Connecticut. But now, no way. It sucks as much as California.
I like the seasonal changes, but winter is just too extreme some years.
My electric bill went down since I've not been in the shop the last few months. So that's good. But I haven't been in the shop in the last few months, so that's bad. I miss making stuff and putzin around in there.

The stand looks good Cad. Nicely done.

Sometimes I wish I rode a bike. Then I could just go places. Wind on my face. Sounds good.
You're a lucky man Meanine....

Morning guys.

t2.jpg

It's there, but the holes need to be aligned a little. Also the tank has some 0.035" positive camber and will need bedding compound for 100% contact with the stand. The stand itself has about 0.010" dip. That's 0.045" total I need to fill.

Back