• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Customer service is hard to come by these days. My pet peeve is when I get my tires re-balanced. Pull the weights and start from scratch. ESPECIALLY if I'm paying you $15 per tire to do it.

I guess they figure you'll wear out the tires before the wheel is covered in weights. :brick:

Last edited:
Good morning fellas. We'll be mid 90s the next 3 or 4 days with a small likelyhood of rain. Typical for this time of year.

We are heading to the lake either this afternoon or tomorrow, not sure yet.

I really would like to do a little shooting this weekend, maybe a short ride as well. Hopefully I can work one or both in.

Ya'll have a great day and be safe.

I finally made it to the bank. I did manage to get one small catfish...about 1.5 - 2 lb. But I was too late and they shutoff right after that. Next time I will get there earlier. And that will be Saturday. I hope. I did manage to learn a bit about how to use a cast net. I told my friend that and he said WTF ya need a castanet for when your fishing??? He don need no steenkeen castanet...

First time I ever used one. It took a few tries but I think I have a grip on how to, and I ended up with 10 3" gizzard shad to use for flatheads next time out. If I can't catch something one way I'll catch something else some other way. It took a toll on my back and hip but I am sure it will improve with use. And it was fun.

Good morning . Rain, lots of rain, lightning, and thunder. Keeps the temp down though, at least for a while.

When it quits in a couple of hours I might go for a short ride. There is a fresh veggie stand about 12 miles away I want to check out. If I look hard enough I can find a longer route.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning Meanie. Good morning guys.

It's going to be a typical Hot August day in the San Joaquin Valley, with highs well above 100 Fahrenheit. Yesterday it was 110 on my back porch and 105 was the official temperature. With the air conditioner running my aquarium systems manage to keep the fish at just 85 degrees.

That's when indoor room temperature is about 78.

But the patio tanks are seeing the full 110° though they be mostly in the shade. Circulating cooler water in from the big tank in my living room keeps those fish perfectly happy.
It's a big deal having those thousands of pounds of masonry underneath the big tank. It probably doubles the thermal inertia of the system.

My shooting buddy Bobby screwed up his shoulder and is laid off work but can't even manage to work a fishing rod right now so I think mostly we're going to sit around and drink today.

Good morning M'bergers.

Here's a joke... or a riddle... or advice. I don't know, I get mixed up.
Anyhoo--

Does a bear crap in the woods?

Of course! He lives there.
You're a visitor. Pick up your own crap!​

I gotta get back to bed. This is a bad time of day to start a morning.
snooze.gif

Good morning, sort of. It was cloudy and cool till about an hour ago. The clouds went away and the temp is soaring. Should be high 90s by 2 or so.

I did get in a short ride earlier, about an hour. I only went for about a half hour. It looked like a storm was coming so I headed home. The storm never did materialize, lol.

You all have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Yesterday was my daughter's 40th birthday party, and we dressed up like it was 1945 again.

Lots of photos were taken and lots of food was eaten and we got to see all the grandkids.

I'll have to go rescue the photos from Facebook. . . . :doh:

Meanwhile I have not had the bike out yet. I did start looking into a new Li battery for it.
I still need to change oil on the truck. I haven't driven it 3000 miles in 6 months though, so I'm not rushing.
Also I still need to go pay my range fees. I have only been out shooting once since the weather turned hot.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

I started taking the motorcycle apart today, but I decided to ride it up to the range one more time before I do the clutch job.
I pumped the tires and checked the fluids and turned the key. The injection primed quickly, and it started in three beats.

I warmed it up in the garage until the hydraulic lifters came up, and shut it off to get my helmet and gloves.
It would not start again.

That battery is 9 years old, and I am amazed that it started so fast the first time, but that was its swan song.

So it's out on the bench and I will shop for a new one after I see what the clutch looks like.
I didn't order the metal plates. Just the friction plates and a new spring.

The master cylinder is showing its age too. I will re-fit it as well, and finally put on the Galfer stainless brake lines I've been ignoring for years.

The Nomad has a larger battery than other bikes, and yet the HD battery is too tall and doesn't fit. his is a rare battery, quite expensive and I'm probably going to replace it with a modern and lighter Li battery.

Right now I have the ready cash to pay my $158 range membership, plus the $2 EPA fee, or buy a $150-$200 battery.

Payday comes around in less than 2 weeks, so the 9 year old battery can wait. I have to order it anyhow.

I really wanted that 30-30 Mossberg in the for Sale room, but it isn't in the cards.

You all have a great day and look out for the random jokers. ;)

Good belated morning wishes all. Just got home from the lake. It's gonna be warm the next couple of days, like high 90s.

I did get in a couple of very short rides over the weekend. Not much, but enough to keep my therapy needs in check.

Cadd that's amazing the battery would even crank the bike at all. I replaced the stock brake lines on my old Nomad about 10 years ago and never regretted it. When I sold it this spring it had 91,000 miles on the odometer and no signs of needing a clutch. However, in all fairness, probably 85,000 or more were on the highways. Very little in town riding.

That 30-30 is sweet. I thought about it as well, but have other pressing matters.

Have a great day and stay alert.

Meanie, it was amazing. I had it on the 3/4 amp charger of course, but that's not much when the bike takes 30 amps to crank. That battery tender jr paid for itself about ten times.

I didn't decide on a battery though. I built a new 6' aquarium lamp, and it's a possible success. I had one bad solder joint in about 30 & had to replace an LED. It was cheap and easy.

Good morning all. Clear skiies and 79, headed for the high 90s later today. Pretty typical for this time of year here.

The forecast says we might get some rain later this week. We are 13 inches above normal for the year, but as the way things go we could use some now. LOL. It's either feast or famine.

I hope you all have a great day.

Back