• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Are weather map showed big thunderstorms heading out that way.

In another forum we were talking about hygiene and I was reminded of something that happened almost 50 years ago.

I kinda hesitate to tell this story, but when I was in high school I was at this particular small muskeg school for a short year. I was the new kid in town, and I may not have been universally loved.

There was a Swedish looking kid in a couple of my classes who all the other kids called Tex. Evidently his dad had cows and Tex had to milk them before coming to school.

It was hard work and he smelled like it by the time he got to class. The rumor was that Tex never took a bath, or maybe just on all holidays but he certainly must have been allergic to water.

Tex was in our jazz choir and when we won a couple contests and went to the state Sing-Off, I found myself on the roster to share a motel room with Tex.

O M G !

This was clearly some cruel punishment being played on me for psychological Revenge. My anxiety level was fairly high, and when most of the other kids snuck down to the beach to drink, I stayed at the hotel reading some science fiction novel.

I had no idea what to expect next but what happened was not at all what I was prepared for. Instead of getting drunk with the other kids Tex came back to the room and took a bath!

The other thing I didn't expect was I didn't expect to lose the contest because we were good and had practiced a lot.

Unfortunately half of the kids were so hungover the next morning that they couldn't sing worth spit.

You guys have a great day and look out for the thunderstorms.

BTW, I've seen your food.

;)

I tell people I live in the desert. Now sometimes it's " the Sunny San Joaquin Valley". Seen from the air, it's a freakin huge desert, except for 180 years of irrigation. And THERE is the food I mention.
Because what looks like tiny spots of green on the desert, from 10,000 feet, is the acreage that grows 1/10th of our US food production. You would be hard pressed to name 3 things we don't grow.

They will sell about $3 billion this year, maybe more. It's the third leg of California: Hollywood - Tech - Agriculture.

Also, there are ~10 million illegals trying to get from "the big hole" called SanDiego into a cheaper state. They don't like paying thousands a month for rent.

But the machine works thusly: Pelosi and her crew let the flow continue because it drives up landlord profits to the highest possible, due to obscene competition for housing.
(Well, the highest until they get to San Francisco.) Landlords have a sweet deal.

25 years ago, a tar-paper shack on 1/16 acre, on the fringe of Frisco sold for ~$1 million. Today it's incredible. Half the people have to sell themselves just to live there. Literally. It's a big industry.

At the same time I bought a 4 bedroom house on 1/4th acre for $85k.

And that's not the real beauty of it all.

All that agriculture I spoke of is between Me and Frisco.
It's between me and the SanDiego-LA-SoCal gauntlet . . . errr corridor.
It's between me and the Sacramento moneydrain.
It's between me and the Tech Sector.

Now, there's not much between me and the High Sierra, Yosemite, or Sequoia's giant forest (my favorite.)
A dusty trip across the Kettleman Hills and the short coast range puts me on the closest accessible spot to the sea.
Which is about the only spot of it left not completely taken over by the well-to-do: Moro Bay to Avila Beach.

So as things go in California, I find it hard to complain.
I sold that house for double 17 years ago, and bought a nicer one for that. It's tripled in value after the cost of improvements.
Strangely, property taxes didn't. Not much of a rise.
Remember the landlord max profits thing?

Good morning guys.

We do Import produce from all over the world because it is seasonal.

We get all kinds of produce from Mexico and Chile, plus Seafood imported from Chile, Australia and Vietnam. We get lots of seafood from Alaska and Washington but never from Japan or Korea unless you go to an Asian market.

I have started working on my motorcycle and it's all torn apart in the garage and my wife is already asking me when it will be done. I ordered a new battery which won't be here for a week. I should go give her the bad news.

Mornin fellas. Lots to do outside with the wife in the "yahd"....

I got two new fish.
Sharks!
Jameson picked em out because he remembered I had always wanted sharks.
Now I have 2!

0821191213a_HDR.jpg

Here's my set up....not as sophisticated as Cadds, but it works....

0821191214_HDR.jpg

I was just informed I'm not needed out in the yard. It's raining now. So I'll go start carving on a cane I'm making out of ash. (Before I need one)
Cheers

I like the red tail shark. I've had them before and they are no more vicious than cichlids, but they have a reputation as killers.
I think they are actually a hybrid carp. Mine never got over 4 1/2" but they should get larger.

Meanwhile I got the garage straightened up a bit, and my wife can park her car, so she's happy and I'm lounging for a bit.

Good Morning . . . still morning here for 30 mins.

I have been working on my little office and I have set up my 1990's belt-drive turntable, and I am reviewing some old vinyl.
Buenos dias amigos. Off to the grocery store and the gas station to get mower gas. I need to get caught up and go shoot. :ripper:

My problem entirely.
But getting caught up includes building a new awning, cleaning up my junkyard, building a new shed, fixing my bike and rebuilding at least 2 cars.
I might not be able to hold out that long.

Good morning fellas. Rain and 71 this morning.

We are heading to the lake this afternoon for the weekend. Hopefully it won't be too hot after the rain.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

Back