• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Older Models

old mossy said:
Good lookin' shotty! :D Thanks for the pics.

Thanks! :D Forgot to mention that it is my first gun. I have only put about 50 cheap Walmart shells through it so far, but plan on trying some other variations sometime soon. I believe they do, but I figure I should ask anyway: Do security barrels come with cylinder chokes? I was thinking about maybe trying out some slugs.

The 18.5" barrel is cylinder bore.You are good to go for slugs.

I edited my last post. What model is the Westernfield?

Re: Revelation 310A Western Auto 12ga

Welcome to the forum from NY. Not sure of the age of your gun I would give Havlin a call.
I know older 500's don't use a firing pin spring. Not sure if the pins are the same. They also carry older parts.
Havlin (636) 937-6401

Keep us posted.
I new here and going thru the threads, my shoot gun I just picked up don't have the spring in bolt.
It's a older model 500ct 20ga. stamped.
I put two yellow shell's in it and it shot!
thanks for the info!

cajun

F.W.I.W., I'm old as mould !!!! now if I could keep only one shotgun in my ''collection''....the ITHACA model37 pumps and doubles, jc HIGGENS, Webley double, Norinco 20 ga. double, Winchester model 50, ALL could go ...but I have had a 500 lakefield (Canadian mossberg) since the mid 70s.......That one never jambs,or failed to fire....its our camp gun with BUCK and slugs......we hunt bear in spring and fall on Vancouver island......it just plain works.....

F.W.I.W., I'm old as mould !!!! now if I could keep only one shotgun in my ''collection''....the ITHACA model37 pumps and doubles, jc HIGGENS, Webley double, Norinco 20 ga. double, Winchester model 50, ALL could go ...but I have had a 500 lakefield (Canadian mossberg) since the mid 70s.......That one never jambs,or failed to fire....its our camp gun with BUCK and slugs......we hunt bear in spring and fall on Vancouver island......it just plain works.....
I've been asked if I remember when dirt was invented by some. " Referring to my age".
A Remington 700 30-06 thats been in my collection since the middle 70s holds the honor of "The last to go" right now. The most used yet most reliable. Forty five years, still going and never a fail.
My 500 is too young to compete for that title. But, It does hold the coveted Title of "Home Defender". Hopefully it will never be used for that purpose. But, It's nice to know that it's there, Ready And Capable of doing what needs to be done.

I have a Mossberg .410 country squire. 500 ER serial #G463076. I’m being told this model was made in 1974. Just seeing if anyone else thinks this is correct I can’t seem to find it. I know it’s old it was my grandfathers.

Welcome.
According to our data base your G463076 comes up as a 1974.

Back