• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

mossburg 42 c

Are you talking about the screw in short adapter R-120? It is to allow you to shot shorts in your rifle. Do not loose or you may never find another. Interestingly I bought a model 42 (don't remmeber which letter) for a good price as the fellow said he could not get it to load. I didn't realize what the problem was until it arrived in the mail (Canada eh). I think it was the first short adapter I ever saw.

Are you talking about the screw in short adapter R-120? It is to allow you to shot shorts in your rifle. Do not loose or you may never find another. Interestingly I bought a model 42 (don't remmeber which letter) for a good price as the fellow said he could not get it to load. I didn't realize what the problem was until it arrived in the mail (Canada eh). I think it was the first short adapter I ever saw.
Ok that's what I thought it was LOL but "adapter" screw threw me off I thought it might be a adapter for different stock fittings ok thank you and ya I have two mags one with a screw one without and it looks like finding one for it will be impossible so I at least have one

I forgot to ask how is your stock? The only 42C I found so far had a cracked stock. The other problems were an ugly cut out for a peep sight (42C had no peep or cut out for one and no sling swivels) and had holes for swivel screws. Now I am looking for an unmolested stock. Not much to choose from here in Canada.

I forgot to ask how is your stock? The only 42C I found so far had a cracked stock. The other problems were an ugly cut out for a peep sight (42C had no peep or cut out for one and no sling swivels) and had holes for swivel screws. Now I am looking for an unmolested stock. Not much to choose from here in Canada.
Mine is cracked a very common problem. Sarco parts shows a 42 stock and I am giving it a try should be here soon I am hoping I can use it. If not its accu glass and hope it looks good after as mine has not one but three cracks one being pretty bad the other two finish cracks. On a side note it was missing mag guard so that will give it some strength as well. Not a great design but fixable good luck with yours.

I have a model 42b. Pretty much the same as the 42c. It's a project gun that I have been working on for a few weeks now. It had several trigger parts missing when I got it. I found all the parts and have it all together. But it has one problem that I can't seem to figure out. If you look at the photo. Just under the head of the trigger the shiny trigger plunger that sits on the tip of the thumb safety. The trigger spring pushes that plunger against the tip of the safety to keep it from flopping back and forth between fire and safe. Problem is when I move the safety to fire or safe that plunger will slip off the tip. All this is a Guess. I've never seen a complete 42b or can find any photos or information on the 42b. All I have is a parts list like above. In the other photo you can see the trigger with the spring where the plunger goes and the tip of the safety. If anyone has any expertise or knowledge in the workings of the Mossberg 42b trigger spring, plunger safety I sure could use some.20200807_101856_resized.jpg 20200807_101950_resized.jpg

Back