• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning everyone. High clouds and 69 at 8am. Looks like another nice day with a high in the upper 80s. Just enough wind to keep it nice.

I have a couple of hedges to trim today, run to the grocery, and move some decorative rock. Then there is always the garage that needs attention. Then again it always needs attention.

Anyways, you all have a great day.

Good morning to all. It's going to be a hot one today here in the StLouis metro area, oh, and the temperature on the thermometer is also showing hot.

Protests, riots. Just another great day in River City.

Good morning everyone. 73 and clear at 7am. We are heading for the low 90s today, then mid 90s through the weekend.

Last night things were peaceful in the area and I hope it stays that way. With the temps getting so hot it's hard telling what nightfall will bring.

Ya'll have a great day and stay vigilant.

Another HOT day in STL Metro area. Thankfully we had no significant rioting, though several shootings. Looters decided to start shooting at marked police vehicles and one was shot when police officers returned fire. BUT due to the (finally) imposed 9:00 pm curfew and the overwhelming show of force by law enforcement and the National Guard we did not have a repeat of what happened last night.

And ... as for temperature ... high in the nineties today!!

We had a new HVAC system installed last Fall and the new and more powerful AC is really coming in handy.

Have a good one ya'll.

We've been in the 90's and 100's for a month.
I spent today working on the doghouse and dog kennel.
I put up a temporary awning over the kennel, and adjusted all the gates.
I made a lot of sawdust, and drove 100 screws.
Judy prepainted a lot of the parts for me.
This will have a paint job to match the red and white sheds.
*yaawn* g'nite.

Good morning everyone. We'll be in the mid 90's this afternoon. We have a slight chance of a shower this morning. It's grocery store day here. Pick up some odds and ends.

We had a good night in town. A peaceful protest but no riot. At least I haven't heard of any.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Mornin. I finally got an eye pried open enough to see the keyboard. I am wore out and it scares me that my body strength is that od a 10 year old. I went out to the car to go get groceries yesterday and had a flat tire. I have the stuff to fix it if it is not on a sidewall so I did my best to do so. The effort to get the lugs loose and the wheel off the hub about ended me but I couldn't stop now. I got the little pump out and blew up the tire and tossed everything back inside and had the tire fixed at the farm store 3 blocks as the crow flies. The crow was busy so I had to go by memory.

Today I have aches I didn't know I had places for. But They are aches like the ones when we exert. I know I need more of the same, but in a smaller helping of umph. Being sedentary most of the time caught up with me after retiring from my driving career. Now it's time to stop being lazy.

Hope everyone is enjoying clear and sunny weather.
h

Hombre, in February of 2008 I had a very similar experience changing a tire. About the only difference was mine was on a 30 degree day. I blew it off as to being a little out of shape and the cold air. Three days later I had a heart attack. Not trying to frighten you, but get checked soon, like today if you can.

Hombre, in February of 2008 I had a very similar experience changing a tire. About the only difference was mine was on a 30 degree day. I blew it off as to being a little out of shape and the cold air. Three days later I had a heart attack. Not trying to frighten you, but get checked soon, like today if you can.
Good advice. I am talking to the doc to up my appointments. One is a stress test. But, this has been an ongoing process. So far the therapist as well as the doc say I need to just build back up, with more walking. I doubt they would be happy if I told them about this, but when the doc calls me back I will let her know.

Thanks again.

2008 was a pivotal year for me too.

I was 60 lbs too fat and smoked like it was a competition. I was watching my mom live out her remaining years in a wheelchair, largely because of self-inflicted health problems.

I quit smoking and lost weight like it was a competition. I was skating 5 to 8 times a week.

2 years later I was a different person.

I was lucky I didn’t kill myself in the process. I did wind up with tendinitis, but it has largely faded. I had a few bumps along the way too, but clearly survived those too.

Well, it’s over 100F. I have been outback working on the new dog house, but I put it away about noon time.

Good morning.

Beautiful day here so far, highs just over 90, a chance of brief rain.

And meanwhile...protests continued yesterday and last night, but apparently no looting and rioting, for a change.

Good morning MOers. Clear skies and 67 at 7am. We are headed for the mid 90s again. Looks like a hot weekend. We are headed to the lake this afternoon.

Yesterday I stopped in a small gun shop a couple of miles south of me. He had no guns whatsoever, completely sold out. He did have a few accessories and some ammo. I hope he is able to stay in business.

I wish you all a great day.

Good morning everyone. Clear skies and calm air with a temp of 77 at 7am. Mid to high 90s for thr third day in a row. The dew point has been high 60s to low 70s. The dew point has been in the high 60s to mid 70s as well. Very sticky.

We are at the lake, no protests here. We have heard there will be a protest in Joplin, Missouri today. That is about 35 miles by car from where we are.

I have a couple of friends that live in Joplin. I'm certain they will be fine.

Ya'll have a great day and be safe.

Morning all, being June 6th it's a day of reflection on our greatest generation and their sacrifices during WWll. But it's also a day of concern with all this talk about disrespecting our flag and some who believe it doesn't mean much anymore.

Good day to listen to a song about our ragged old flag. God bless America and all of you.

Regards

That video should be required viewing in every classroom in America every day. I'm sure it would be a well spent 2 and a half minutes. If a teacher objected send em packing.

I guess this is a "good evening" post. I got up early and headed out to the gun club before things got too hot. I put in two hours of shooting: shotgun, AR and handguns. I gave my new Mossberg 590A1 a nice workout and patterned it with 00 Buck. The Federal Flite Control 00 Buck is really great stuff, and elsewhere I put up a post comparing and contrasting the spread from it and regular 00 Buck at 15, 25 and 33 yards. The Federal Flite Control wad kept the pellets nicely grouped on center mass all the way out to 33 yards. Here's that post.

Back