• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning MOers. 74 and rain this morning. We had rain yesterday as well, which we need.

The puppy got home from boot camp yesterday. He was gone for three weeks and we are glad to have him home. Now we work with him, kinda like tech school.

I spent the weekend in Omaha, drove up Thursday and back home Sunday. That was my first time since the first weekend in February. Back when the world was still normal. It was hot and humid, mid 90s each day. Pretty typical for this time of year.

Anyways, it's good to be home, and good to be here.

Have a great day and be safe.

Drive it anyway.

I would've already eaten supper while sitting in a drive-in at sonics. I hear their milkshake specials are pretty good.

Get a ticket? Tell the judge you've made every attempt to comply with the law, but the ones hired to ensure that you complied with the state laws have failed to do so. Repeatedly.

If I were a judge and you had proof that you have made every attempt to do your civic duty to abide by the laws set forth by the state, if the state is not holding up their end of the deal, I would throw it out of court.

Yes, I realize that's a wet dream and would never happen in kalifornia.

But it should be what happened everywhere.

Actually traffic courts here are pretty lenient. The bummer is that I don't have a title to this car in my name, and I need to do some work on it. I need to spend some real money and time, and it's not quite legally mine.

I've been working on lots of other projects, waiting on the state, but the waiting isn't for ever. I'm going to put it back on the road in August, just to drive it, titled correctly or not.
It may not be entirely perfect by then, but I have the bits to make it reasonably roadworthy.

Obligatory weather report: hot and much more humid. Scattered rain and storms through the evening. While it won't rain in one spot all day, we'll have scattered storms and some downpours in the region from afternoon through evening.

OK, now...Good Afternoon.

No protests here in our area. Usual collection of murders and shootings and robberies in the city (where I work). I never leave home without a weapon accessible.

Meanwhile...that's it.

Good morning . More rain today and temps in the mid 80s. Both are welcome this time of year.

You all have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

I just watched the official police video of this morning’s trash heap, which was last night’s Portland riot.

I think we can easily see who the real pigs in Portland are.

Good morning everyone. Mostly clear and about 75 degrees. Another beauty of a day shaping up for the dog and myself.

image.jpeg

He is about a foot away from me taking a nap.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good morning. Shaping up to be an unseasonably cool day, high only 85.

Last night in STL only two killings by shooting and several other shootings. No protests, just the usual criminal mayhem.

(Hmmm . . . it needs a crewman to feed the belts straight.)

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.
All quiet in Clovis last night. I live close to the firehouse, and no alarms woke me. I have another day of woodworking planned, & I might be working on this desk hutch for another week.

Since it's custom built, I can make it however I like, but after a couple weeks I realize that I have other projects to do, so it's not going to get fancy.
I have to make some relief cuts with the router and do some basic joinery. I don't have a plane or a dado set, so that complicates things somewhat.
I might do a little veining with the table router. I bolted my smaller router under the 10" table saw apron, and that's my router table too.

To avoid the heat I've been getting up before 5, but I can't do any noisy routing etc until 8AM, living in the 'burbs.
I'm going to go scuff and varnish for a while. It's going to have about 8 coats of rub-on poly, but scuffed & buffed each time.
Once the temp comes up, I can't do a full coat before it's almost dry.

I never envisioned myself working in retirement so much. I just didn't understand the need to create, and just the need to keep moving to stave off old age.

You all have a great day, and keep chuggin. ;)

Good Monday morning each of you. We are having cool dry weather ourselves. Looks like highs all week in the 80s with lows at night in the uppers 50s and low 60s. This is pretty much unheard of around here in early August.

Anyways, have a great day.

Little inspirational song this morning. It's to bad our peaceful protesters and over paid kneeling athletes don't understand the meaning of these words.

Good morning to you all. The temp when I got up was about 60, looking for low 80s this afternoon.

No surprise about Clinton. I would imagine he was up to his eyes in all of that.

The protesters are spoiled brats that have no respect, as are most athletes and celebrities. I bet if folks turned off tv for a month some of the athletes and celebrities would change their tune. Without folks watching there will be no sponsors. No sponsors no high salaries.

We are enjoying unseasonably cool weather here in Saint Louis. Primaries resulted in the incompetent incumbent to be assured of being returned to office as St Louis City Attorney. But fortunately, I don't live in the city.

Just put in some big ammo backorders at the lowest per round price I could find, first batch should come in later this month, then hopefully over the next few months

I hate to let my minimum quantity on hand to drop below 3,000 rounds per caliber I shoot.

Good morning all. Another nice cool morning, even though we are overcast. An area of rain just missed us this morning. 80s again today, then we start warming up again, high 90s for the weekend and into next week.

Too bad about the City Attorney. The bad ones need to find another job. Maybe in the city sanitation department.

Ya'll have a great day.

Back