• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

nerding out over hunting camo

I installed a Mossberg 500 scope rail on it. And added a small red dot.

Took it out yesterday and sighted it in and was getting really good patterns with it.

At 15 yards, there were too many pellets to count on the paper plate and would probably just about tear a squirrel or rabbit in two. And at 32 yards, was still plenty of pellets. Should have no problem at all reaching the tallest tree in the woods, which is where you tend to find them this time of year.

I took a couple of pictures of the target, but can't upload them right now. My card reader is acting up and I'm going to have to get an external usb card reader.

While I always seemed to do really well with #6 shot, this gun seems to prefer # 7-1/2 and #8 shot. So, to give a little better odds with them, I picked up a few boxes of the gold Remington nitro's. Hopefully they'll still be enough oomph to take a squirrel or two with it.

Thanks tcecil88.

You just reminded me that I had forgotten to post a couple of pics of the target. Each of these were shot twice, just so I can make sure it was printing where it needs to. 15 and 32 yards. Seems to really like 8 shot.

I always preferred to hunt with 6 shot because it seemed to always do well, but this gun puts them on the ground faster with 8's for some reason, so that's what it's main diet is going to consist of, unless I happen across a box of #7 to try.

ar9sd 004.JPG

ar9sd 006.JPG

@John A. I need some help identifying this one. It kinda looks like the Stōn camo but I’m not sure. It resembles a lot of things like Cabelas, Veil, and another one or two I can’t remember. I think this is a digital pattern. 735DAEDD-ADE0-43FE-A549-82911BDC35AD.jpeg

I can’t find anyone making clothing. There are others that are close like Truetimber and Veil. Redhead makes clothing using one of those under license.

I have done work with True Timber camo in the past.

Specifically, with the main product on their webpage when you go to it with the STRATA camo.

It's pretty good camo too, and I have shown a few pictures of it here too, but it's nowhere even close to the Ston' camo.

Don't get me wrong. Strata camo is really good. Honestly, it is.

But Ston' blows it away even up close.

Here is a quick link to a topic here. It's on page 12 starting on post #239
http://mossbergowners.com/forum/ind...ques-for-firearms-bows-and-gear.13292/page-12

Back