• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MISSING POSTS AND DATA

It’s all good. Everybody will now “know” something that we’ve read or posted, appear to be smarter than we really are, and nobody can prove that we didn’t really know it on our own..lol

I have been a webmaster and programmer once. Loved creating MySQL database ( DB ) appllications in PHP. The forum database is a file stored often within the forum folder section files and you can set automatically backups of your forum DB files. Unless the problem is not with the server itself you must manually load an early backup DB file in ( exaple: PHP MyAdmin ) to screw the forum up.

Maybe an upgrade of the forum software to a newer version could f.. things up also

I agree, & also I am no SQL guy. I only had to admin one SQL system, which was our accounting system, and for that I had a consultant.
I'm just aware of the mapping issues which can occur in any network. Pointers become invalid.
If the wrong DB loads, for whatever reason, this can happen.

I've seen it on other PHP forums before, but I was never the guy who fixed the issue.

Years ago, Microsoft (and probably others) started using invalid flag combos in their mapping for special purposes, which screwed a lot of systems when upgrades happened.

I don't know how that was solved. Everybody affected probably just had to cater to MS.

Apparently not if he hasnt checked in here. I sent em a text about it too...

I noticed a recent windows required update. My computer has been acting weird since.

I sort of do some A/B testing.

I have one system where I do every Windows update & another system where I don’t do any of them. I don’t seem to be having problems except for the missing data. (Edit.... oh there was one problem and I describe it below.)

It’s all the same on the iPhone or the Kindle or the android.

Last edited:
I don't know then.

It's weird that it's only between certain dates.

Has the server been changed or routed to a temp server during that timeframe?

Other than that, I've got nothing.

Or, is there something very sinister going on ? Maybe intelligence agencies, with the help of big tech, are testing certain sites to see who will notice, and how long it takes. Especially gun sites.

I have a hard time believing that there was a serious hacking by some really bad actor. I do believe that a server update failure will turn out to be the problem.

Two updates ago I had one here that didn’t work and the system automatically uninstalled it and rolled back.

I have never seen that happen before though I have had to manually roll back windows many times.

Do any of you guys go to the Ithaca forum etc ? I’m wondering if those guys have had a problem...

Do any of you guys go to the Ithaca forum etc ? I’m wondering if those guys have had a problem...

That forum is basically dead in the water. shooter13 went full retard on all the sister sites and drove everyone off. I tried to revive em, but it's a lost cause.

Or, is there something very sinister going on ? Maybe intelligence agencies, with the help of big tech, are testing certain sites to see who will notice, and how long it takes. Especially gun sites.

Would it have been routed through the servers in Germany that I have been hearing the military seized in regards to the election?

My guess there was a server issue that caused a rollback.

Guess I'll ask one more time given we've never seen an update on the missing content and/or any effort to recover it.

Is there any ongoing effort toward recovery?

If not, what's the go forward strategy regarding the forum?

Does the system manager(s) understand what caused the problem and have measures been implemented to prevent a repeat of the failure?

Regards

Back