• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. (December 2020) (Biden presidency)

I think he may pass Barry for the nomination of Gun Salesman of the year.

He's not even in office yet and Ammo, guns, accessories etc. have already dried up.

I think it's going to be a long, panful term. Based on what he has 'said' he wants to do, I really hope the republicans do not lose the Senate.

Think it's difficult with any certainty to predict today where a Biden administration will go on gun control. Two upcoming events will likely provide near term insights. First, the announcement of potential cabinet positions which has recently begun. Certainly the AG and head of DOJ is key. Secondly, the outcome of the two Senate races in Georgia and thus control of the Senate. Republican control of the Senate is key to limiting legislation. And finally, insights into a few related cases coming before the Supreme Court down the road.

That said, any executive order, law or regulation passed is only effective as embraced by the people. And while some will automatically comply with any call to register or sell back their guns and magazines or to pay a weapon tax, suspect the majority of owners will simply ignore the effort. And who would enforce it? Your governor? Your local sheriff or police officer who lives in your neighborhood and whose kids go to school with yours? The national guard reservist next door?

Certainly, the government can impact the availability of future weapons and ammunition. Not sure they could do anything better than the current marketplace. Current demand is the highest it's been in decades, manufacturer backlogs are growing daily but given time, the marketplace will self adjust to demand. That's capitalism.

Think the other thing to consider is stockpiles of weapons and ammunition already in people's hands. Suspect many reading this thread have a lifetime's supply on hand. Plus people have been hand crafting weapons for decades and reloading components are easily made if unavailable in the marketplace. Also to be consider is the number of weapons for which there are no record of ownership. Background checks are a relative new thing.

Finally, the new administration should tread carefully on overarching restrictions that will drive this entire industry underground. They would be wise to remember the days of prohibition. Life goes on!

Regards

Under the TRUMP presidency, Biden will fade into the sunset & the gun grabbers will claim Trump's victory is the greatest threat to democracy ever.
They will spend millions of our taxes to expunge our rights.
As they continue to lose at an increasing rate, they will thrash and thus shed their camouflage.

Personally, I don't see much change unless Beto O'Rourke shows up at my front door. I keed, I keed.

I suppose jobs would be created in the ammo industry. It seems to me there are still more firearms available than ammo in these parts. Now, if I had had a .204 Ruger, .224 Valkyrie, or .450 Bushmaster ammo would be plentiful.

I am certain we will all hear the term "common sense gun control" enough we will want to puke.

Because 160 million Americans have them, we will never need to use them as a nation, on our own soil.
We are undefeatable among the world's peoples, but must not defeat ourselves.

Look away from the TV freaks, who could not stand up between evil and their own families.
Hear them as only liars. They are paid to steal what you must not give.

FREEDOM!

Because 160 million Americans have them, we will never need to use them as a nation, on our own soil.
We are undefeatable among the world's peoples, but must not defeat ourselves.

Look away from the TV freaks, who could not stand up between evil and their own families.
Hear them as only liars. They are paid to steal what you must not give.

FREEDOM!

I hope you are correct in your thoughts, however, there are storm clouds on the horizon.

This is the time when like minded people must stand together. I see Antifa and BLM emboldened daily. Every punk ass thug now that decides to pull a gun or knife on an officer knows the BLM/Antifa and their ilk will take to the streets for them.

Meanwhile Biden/Harris want our guns, and the 2nd amendment be damned.

Biden's hidin'
‘til the count.
Trump will stump
to stamp crime out.

Question Hunter:
Naughty or nice?
Jimbo stinks
Like poop-on-ice.

Trivial crimes
Their sins are not.
Lies now festered
Smell of Rot.

Turn away not
From the this grinch
Truth takes time and
WE MUST NOT FLINCH.

I don't hold out much hope for that. Actually, I don't hold out much hope for for an actual legal resolution to the contested election results.

Again, back to the question of the month. I don't think there is any doubt that the democrats under Biden will try for a gun grab. My concern is how will people react. It's one thing to be against gun confiscation on the computer, or be willing to stand up to those that will try to take guns from law abiding citizens.

Those that crow about sensible gun control are the same ones that want to do away with police. Talk about irony. Anyway, everyone will have their own decisions to make.

Back