• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month (February 2021) (2A Activism)

No
No

I do get involved by making contacts with government officials and I used to do a lot of letters-to-the-editors back when WI CCW laws were in flux.
The only rallies I've ever been to are pep rallies for school ball teams.

I haven't in a few years.

Many here seem to be last minute things and seem to occur on weekends when lawmakers are unavailable which I feel is somewhat a wasted effort.

In this new environment we need to stand up but we need to be smart. We are being scrutenized and demonized like never before. The after effects of the DC riot are going to be long term. I have always said we are our own worst enemy and they really kicked the dog with that act.

I have been to a few in the past, but they were always on a Saturday when no one was at the capitol. Yet every other schmuck rally was had during the week.
I've mentioned this to Lenny when he was around and he said that it is what it is. But he knew what I was feeling. It just sucks.
The news did a short blerb about one.
I even went to one where we could voice our opinions yet that was in vain, the law still passed.
Screwed again by the vile Communist dictator in the capitol.
So, I won't be going to any more.

My answer to the question, no and yes. My last rally was under Obame but I do plan to start attending them again. I didn't open carry in the past but may change that. In addition to the 2A I feel the 1A is now under direct assault. What better way to support the 1A than to exercise it?

I can't get a link to insert and work...check ot HR127. It's the most draconian bill I have ever read

What flags would those be, that we won't accept their gun grabbing? Please elaborate how a lawful, peaceful protest is a bad thing.

Signaling that I have and own multiple guns to an administration that calls a protest an insurrection or siege.
Conservative, right leaning beliefs are under attack and I don't want to call attention to myself by attending a 2A "insurrection" gathering.
Weaponized government entities may use facial recognition, pics, online posts, red flag laws, etc to limit my future access to guns/ammo or even limit my travel with things like no fly lists.
It can and already has happened.
I will continue to support 1A & 2A from a grey man position.

Signaling that I have and own multiple guns to an administration that calls a protest an insurrection or siege.
Conservative, right leaning beliefs are under attack and I don't want to call attention to myself by attending a 2A "insurrection" gathering.
Weaponized government entities may use facial recognition, pics, online posts, red flag laws, etc to limit my future access to guns/ammo or even limit my travel with things like no fly lists.

Do you really think they dont already know?

Thanks for the response. I have been going by the belief that they already know who has the guns. If they don't know, I'm sure big tech will tell them when they can get away with it. Please continue your support as you see fit. I'm anxious to get back on the steps of the state capital.

Thanks for the response. I have been going by the belief that they already know who has the guns. If they don't know, I'm sure big tech will tell them when they can get away with it. Please continue your support as you see fit. I'm anxious to get back on the steps of the state capital.

Well... Nevada used to be a gun friendly free state. Since turning blue in the populated counties, Clark county is becoming more and more like an extension of CA.
No gun registration and face to face sale between citizens was a common occurrence.

No bill of sale required. Transactions between private parties ended any paper trail.

I may or may not have a collection of weapons. As far as the government knows, I have 2 handguns, 2 rifles, and a shotgun. Those may or may not have been sold sometime before 1/2/20.

The new law, Nevada Background Check Act, created a government record of all gun transactions since 1/2/2020.
anything else may have been lost in Lake Meade.

Lake Meade Boating.jpg

The Vice President led an effort to bail rioters out of jail last summer. The president called the police the enemy. When President Trump sent federal troops to guard the federal courthouse in Portland the Democrats were appalled.

Violence, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. The left has mostly peaceful protests, burning buildings, police cars, organized attacks on the police, and taking over sections of cities.

The right has an insurrection. The president is impeached. The Feds are leaving no stone unturned in their nationwide hunt for those that took part.

I never go to mass gatherings of any kind ever, If I can possibly avoid it.

Since the Covid crisis I don’t even go to the movie theater. (Well I think we went once since last February.)

I do not see this practice changing in my old age.

Ok, my take now. The party in power is going to seize the moment to strengthen their grip any way they can. They have more votes and can pass anything they see fit. They don't care about the constitution unless it happens to suit their needs. This is not some strange phenomenon that has just happened to come into being. As I have stated here many times, and I believe now stronger than ever, it is the leftist desire to have complete control that drives their desire to take away firearms.

We live in very uneasy times, there can be no doubt about that.

I read the book 1984 (nineteen eighty-four) by some accounts, in high school in 1963. Anyways, last week I stopped by a book store and bought myself a copy (paperback) so I could refresh my memory. I believe we are living in the time the book depicts.

I would never dreamed we would be where we are just 12 years ago.

The part I remember most vividly is the hero talking to an old man in some dive bar with a urinal in one corner, about how he hated the metric system, because a liter of beer was too big and it made his bladder run. Pints and quarts were history by 1984 . . .

The part I remember most vividly is the hero talking to an old man in some dive bar with a urinal in one corner, about how he hated the metric system, because a liter of beer was too big and it made his bladder run. Pints and quarts were history by 1984 . . .

Lol Cadd, you remember well.

Back