• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

OK guys this is a strange morning.

The chief of capitol police has reported that extremist groups want to blow up the capitol building, during Biden’s speech to Congress.

This could be America’s Reichstag fire, or it could be by his excuse to read from a Teleprompter in his basement, and deliver his message to Congress by zoom.

In theory he could deliver his State of the Union message in a letter to Congress and that satisfies every legal requirement. But no president has ever done this to my knowledge since the invention of television.

Of course it used to be it was a big deal to be on television and then they invented YouTube.

Now everybody is on television. But nobody important is Uber-famous here except Donald Trump & a bunch of swamp creatures.

Of course I’m ignoring everyone whose business is primarily providing aMUSEment to people.

OK guys this is a strange morning.

The chief of capitol police has reported that extremist groups want to blow up the capitol building, during Biden’s speech to Congress.

This could be America’s Reichstag fire, or it could be by his excuse to read from a Teleprompter in his basement, and deliver his message to Congress by zoom.

In theory he could deliver his State of the Union message in a letter to Congress and that satisfies every legal requirement. But no president has ever done this to my knowledge since the invention of television.

Of course it used to be it was a big deal to be on television and then they invented YouTube.

Now everybody is on television. But nobody important is Uber-famous here except Donald Trump & a bunch of swamp creatures.

Of course I’m ignoring everyone whose business is primarily providing aMUSEment to people.
I smell a rat. Of course Washington has reeked of rat for at least 20 years now however.

Good Morning MO's!

Its finally Friday. I got delivery confirmation for my new toys, will swing by the FFL this weekend.

PXL_20210226_122046592_resize_53.jpg

Picked these up a few weeks back. 20g 870 and a Stevens 301 turkey in 20g

The 870 us a youth model but came with stock length spacers. It actually came in muddy girl pink camo but the guy selling it had the black hardware as well.

Good morning,

My new PAPR arrived today, that's Powered Air Purifying Respirator. It's a blower that pulls air through a gas mask filter to make breathing easier, and positive pressure means leaks will let air out rather than nasties in. I paid about $40 for the blower on Ebay, a little worse for wear but with some work it beats paying over $300 for the same system. Just gotta make a battery pack for it.

Good morning to all of yous. Cloudy and 52 . We had some light rain during the night. It looks like a week of highs in the 60s with chances of rain almost every day. Most likely we won't get much rain right here.

Have a great day and stay safe.

We'll probably get your rain meanstreak.

It's very warm here today. Almost 70 right now. We had rain through the night and some thunder and lightning around midnight. More rain forecast though.

Good evening Mossberg Owners.

Our Wi-Fi was down for most of the day and I believe they were working on the wires just a block from here. Someone took out a telephone junction box with their car and they have been relocating the box to a safer location.

I guess the new concrete has all cured and this morning they finally got around to physically moving our wires.

It was a lovely warm sunny day here. I spent some time outdoors working on my patio aquarium and designing a new filter system for it. I also spent some time lounging around in the sun trying to suck up some vitamin D.

I have not gone any further on the boat past the initial investigatory grinding. I just haven’t been in the mood to lay on the ground on my back sanding.

I spent some time working on the speaker array for my workshed stereo system. I also started tearing apart the old Sanyo quad receiver. I decided that it was going to be a lot easier to repair than the Realistic, and I wanted a little de-soldering practice before I started working on the (much) more expensive receiver.

Also I realized today that while I have 3 multimeters, only one of them has a diode checker, and none of them will check capacitance.

If I am to be able to set up the bias voltage adjustments, after installing new transistors I am going to want a signal generator and a scope. Fortunately nowadays, an accessory card and a couple small computer applications will allow me too do these things with the computer.

Otherwise I really couldn’t justify the expense of buying a lot of equipment just to fix an amplifier. In the end, I will justify all the expenses as on the job training. I learned to do the stuff with vacuum tubes back in the 60s but I am not a transistor guy.

This will be a real learning experience for me.

Anyhow, you folks latch on whatever knowledge you can manage, and make it work for you.

Last edited:
Morning MO's!!

Picked up my new toys over the weekend. Sorry no pics yet.

Also scored 6 boxes of .410; four boxes of Federal #8's and two boxes of Winchester #6's. Prices not good but not horrible for .410 these days, it was $18-$26 a box depending in what you wanted.

And an extra bonus of 2 boxes, 100 rounds, of CCI 22mag.

Leave it to a hole in the wall LGS to have ammo in stock.

I have some feelers out locally trying to find a 500 or an 870.

Still needing a pack gun for when I check my trail cameras.

Been steadily seeing an increase in predators up on the property. Last thing I want to do is get up in there and get chomped and nibbled on.

Back