• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Since I got hurt and am not able to move around like I used to did, I've gained 100 solid pounds and am up to around 265. I've cut out a lot of sweets and sugars. But, it's slow to get off the pounds.

My wife told me that I didn't gain it all at once and I won't lose it all at once either.

At my heaviest several years ago I was pushing 360. Two years ago I was down to 260. Now I'm barely under 300. I walk 2 miles a day, bike a lot and am always working outside. My issues have never really been exercise, its been what/how much I eat.

Good morning, Mossies.
John and Mike, I'm not that much overweight, but I notice that my joints such as knees and hips are taking more of a beating when I do stupid stuff like miss a step or climb on things to get work done. Leg muscles suffer too.
I stopped riding my bicycle for a while after I hyperextended my left knee. I'm back on it now and watching where the hell I'm walking.

Good morning folks.

I ate myself up over 185 during the winter, but I am now below 180 and headed back to 175 soon.

Having some bursitis, a sore ankle, and a compromised knee kept me in the La-Z-Boy too much; but I am getting back to normal now.

I spent yesterday moving heavy things and cleaning the garage, so I am a little sore today but mostly it is the upper body and that is good news for me. Also the lower back is a little sore because I spent hours sitting in the boat redoing all the wiring, after I discovered I had made a classic mistake, causing a hot connection. Aside from not wanting to set fire to my boat, a hot connection means that you were just turning your battery juice into waste heat.

Anyhow I went thru all the connections to make sure I would have no future problems.

I would not have noticed this except for a small spot of melted plastic on my fuse box cover.

Anyhow I’m going to discuss that more in another thread, because it is such a classic mistake, and many of you have suffered the results of it, particularly GM Owners.

I’m going to take it easy today, mess with my tropical fish, and maybe do a little decorative wood work on the boat.

Good Morning MO's!!

Got to sleep in until 7 today that's late for me.

Looking like a nice day so far but I think rain is moving in tonight and into tomorrow.

Good morning. Partly cloudy and 46. A cold front moved through last night and brought thunderstorms along front. We had a tornado warning that sent us to the closet. The warning was sounded due to a hook on radar. I have not heard of any damage from the storm. It passed about 3 miles south of us.

Anyways today looks calmer and cooler. Ya'll have a great day.

Good morning all. Clear skies and 46. We had a good weekend. I went to the Wannemacher gun show on Saturday. I was there about 4 hours and left empty handed. The prices were high, especially ammo. A couple of examples were 500 rounds of Remington .22 or for $165 to $185, and federal .243 Winchester 20 rounds $50. I have at least 100 rounds of .22 or and 25 rounds of .243 so I'm good anyways.

Yesterday we started planting. I removed an old Azalea and planted two new ones. Transplanted a Hosta as well. I started working on the tomato garden as well. Pulled weeds, raked the soil, turned the soil with a shovel, and raked more. We probably won't plant tomatoes and peppers for a couple more weeks.

Today will be more of the same, and a trip to Lowes for some top soil.

You all have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

It was very nice and warm yesterday but it was cool and humid last night. Anyhow the varnish on my new woodwork is still tacky, so I am waiting for it to dry before I can proceed with the boat.

I’m gonna take it out fishing tomorrow so it’ll be nice to relax out on the water.

Good morning MOers. Partly cloudy skies and 54. The high today should be just south of 70. Today will be a trip to the dog park, more yard work, perhaps stop by the grocery. Oh, that was yesterday, kinda like ground hog day, lol.

Anyways, you all have a great day.

Good Morning MO's!!!

Had frost on the windows this morning and expecting rain/snow mix tonight. Typical MI spring.

Good morning. Clouds and 50. We had a steady rain last night for hours. I have not heard how much, but my guess would be about an inch. We were needing rain, and this time of year it's usually gully washers, so this was very nice. The high later should be mid 60s with partly cloudy skies.

Be safe.

Good Morning MO's!!!

Turned on the news this morning...buckle up, here we go again

Yep. They submitted magazine bans and silencer bans.

It's like they're intentionally trying to make America weaker and force our hand and cause a war or something.

Hadn't heard about it. I'm sure it'll be all over the news in a little while. Makes you wonder if they haven't replaced Mk Ultra program with something far more sinister. Seems like it's just like clockwork anymore. A lot more than I can comfortably consider coincidence.

Back