• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Side Saddles and Shell Holders

Like you, I have a shortie. I've been playing with different 2 point slinging options. How is your sling attached in the front of the barrel? That's where I run out of real estate with heat shield clamps.

Thanks for any suggestions and close up pics you could post.

I got the shell holder and I think it's going to work nicely. I like that there is a rubber o-ring on a screw between the two that allows you to adjust the tension. The open design makes it easier to strip the shells out of the holder than if the loops holding the shells were completely closed.

Just to get an initial idea, I mounted it through one of the M-Lok slots on the MOE forend.
49528535166_eed1ef5c4b_4k.jpg

49528762047_52869c98e6_4k.jpg

Mounted like this, it's farther forward than I want it. I think I'll fab up a mounting bracket out of Kydex to position the shells closer to the loading port when the slide is back. I have some M-Lok screws and cam-nuts to mount the bracket.

I'm also going to remove the AFG. It blocks my support hand from easily reaching underneath to strip a shell and drop it in the loading port.

So I have the 6 shot webbing/velcro from Esstac. What adhesive works and what surface prep should I do? The existing finish is not blued and I added some high heat paint as "camouflage".
20210820_105954.jpg 20210820_110011.jpg

Hi,
It's been a few years and its fine.

Take some alcohol and clean the side of the receiver first and you should be fine when you apply it!

Recommend you use the Velcro industrial strength which holds up to 10 lbs.

Just clean the surface and let it set for the recommended period of time before use.

Regards

Warhammer: Is that a XS big dot front sight? I really like your set up across the board.

Thanks,
Jasper

I got the shell holder and I think it's going to work nicely. I like that there is a rubber o-ring on a screw between the two that allows you to adjust the tension. The open design makes it easier to strip the shells out of the holder than if the loops holding the shells were completely closed.

Just to get an initial idea, I mounted it through one of the M-Lok slots on the MOE forend.
49528535166_eed1ef5c4b_4k.jpg

49528762047_52869c98e6_4k.jpg

Mounted like this, it's farther forward than I want it. I think I'll fab up a mounting bracket out of Kydex to position the shells closer to the loading port when the slide is back. I have some M-Lok screws and cam-nuts to mount the bracket.

I'm also going to remove the AFG. It blocks my support hand from easily reaching underneath to strip a shell and drop it in the loading port.

I've been trying to really look for something closer to what you wanted but the closest I could find was this. Not sure where you would want to mount something like that on a pump gun. They make sense as match savers on a semi-auto though.
http://www.copquest.com/safariland-081-12-rivet-mount-shot-shell-holder_23-7056.htm

I also went back and tried to watch some of the magpul dynamic shotgun video to see it for myself and he has it mounted on a semi-auto remington 1100.

I've seen that Shotgun Dynamics vid also.i can't remember where I seen it but I also went with the soft cards cause with 2 3/4 shells the 6 rounders fit in AR mag carriers. The ones on your right have slugs but (5.11) theIMG_20210829_124900492.jpg AR mag pouches have 6rd cards in them. And the 4 mag pouches is what I had on hand. Some 6 mag pouches are in the near future. $.02

Back