• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling Attachment Options with Magpul Barrel Mount

ex313

Copper BB
Picked up a 20" 12 gauge and want to add a sling. I don't care for the end of the magazine setup with the longer barrel. I am going to go with the Magpul clamp style mount. Courious what folks are using at the stock end. Should I just put a swivel on the factory stud point? Add something else?
Curious to see other setups like this.

Thanks

D.-
MAG508-hero-1-15.jpg

ex313,
Here is the setup on my M590A1. I do this because I don’t want the added step of removing the barrel clamp style sling attachment when I disassemble the shotgun for cleaning or maintenance.

Attachments

• 12C02AF8-4DFB-4968-979B-F506238F6F7A.jpeg
    12C02AF8-4DFB-4968-979B-F506238F6F7A.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 3BE26BD8-EBCD-48CF-8B62-9ED49C56E737.jpeg
    3BE26BD8-EBCD-48CF-8B62-9ED49C56E737.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 10
  • 797A3D31-8757-48AC-86A6-81778C359862.jpeg
    797A3D31-8757-48AC-86A6-81778C359862.jpeg
    280.7 KB · Views: 9
ex313,
Here is the setup on my M590A1. I do this because I don’t want the added step of removing the barrel clamp style sling attachment when I disassemble the shotgun for cleaning or maintenance.
What do you use at the back end of the shotgun?

How you are attaching the rear point of the shotgun sling greatly affects what your form of front attachment method is. Trust me.

I know that it's probably not going to impress anyone, but I have some OD green paracord looped around my barrel lug. If I use a sling, it's one of the spring loaded thumb clip kind.

The rear of the stock has a standard qd stud, with a keyring ran through it. Sorry that you can't see it in this pic. It's the only one I have and was snapped by my trail camera as I walked by and just so happened to have just checked it a few minutes before checking in on the forum.

mossy.JPG

Is that sling made by Blackhawk?

That setup confuses me because the sling is mounted at the top rear but is mounted at the bottom front.

Do you carry it across your chest or over your shoulder behind you?

Nitesite,
The sling is made by Specter Gear. I bought it from Optics Planet.
The sling just swivels at the front end of the gun since it is simply looped around the mag tube. The sling is attached to the butt stock as shown but it is really “hinged” on the left side of the butt stock. This allows me to carry it any way I like. I can also use it for off hand support if needed.

Last edited:
All,
One thing I need to point out that my posts above in this thread are all about my M590A1. The M590A1 is a heavy beast and in my opinion absolutely requires a sling. Hence the heavy duty sling. I have a M500 18.5” barrel with a 5 round mag tube that has a completely different set up. I have a M500 with a 20” barrel with a 8 round mag tube that has again its own unique setup. Bottom line is to configure your shotgun setup to it’s intended purpose.
FYI. When the mag tube is equal in length to the barrel and you mount a sling swivel on the end of the mag tube this usually results in the sling swivel getting shot off. Don’t ask me how I know.

Last edited:
Back