• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got the new stud/swivel kit in for my new pump

Nitesite, don't think you can find a better value on the shotgun market today. And the earlier posted video certainly demonstrates the durability of the Maverick.

Good selection and purchase my friend!

Regards

@fellmann

I guess the swivel cup is threaded on the outside and you drill a hole and screw it in ?

No, there is a captured star washer which once the knurled stud gets screwed in all the way, the star washer lets the barrel stud just twist in the wind after it gets tight, but the star washer won't let it back out beyond loosening the barrel. The knob stays attached to the barrel and won't come off.

The Uncle Mike swivel stud kit has a little tool that freezes the original star washer while I turn out the old barrel stud. When the star washer is free, the barrel stud comes free.

Then the new barrel stud which has a new star washer get put together and when the star washer bottoms out it lets the barrel stud spin, only this one has a stud for a sling swivel.

Last edited:
How to get a 500 barrel knob off. Lock the star washer with a small screwdriver and twist the knob off. Picture also shows an alternate sling mount location (drill & tap).

knob1.jpg knob2.jpg knob3.jpg

Here is what Uncle Mikes provides. Missing in the photo are the swivels, the replacement barrel bolt that had the swivel stud, and the buttstock screw stud
image.jpg

Why i asked was because i thought you added one here.. not at the front :)

View attachment 26099

The stud and swivel kit from Uncle Mikes included a coarse threaded screw and white spacer which is for the rear swivel stud. The shotgun had a reinforced stud hole already molded for the for a stud screw, so I just turned in the included screw/stud into the buttstock and it was ready for a swivel that came in the kit. Front and rear attachments cost me $14 USD>

Back