• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My wife is no longer Kathy, she is now Dr. Kathy

I'm so happy for her. I could only imagine the amount of work and dedication it would take to get a doctorates degree in anything.

@Bobster

Education. She'll have Ed.D after her name.

She is a public school teacher. She already has her national board certification and of course her masters degree which is in Biological Science.

She's awesome.

Her students are lucky to have her as a teacher.

@Bobster

Education. She'll have Ed.D after her name.

She is a public school teacher. She already has her national board certification and of course her masters degree which is in Biological Science.

Outstanding! I know in my school district, the higher the degree, the higher the pay and I hope that is the case with your Kathy. :) Let me guess: she teaches high school Biology? Has she considered teaching college or university? Or getting into research? ($$$) I hear Big Pharma is hiring... :rolleyes:

Public school teachers don't get paid enough IMO for all the disrespect they get and babysitting they have to do. Many parents don't give a shit nor get involved in their kid's learning (school homework OR life lessons) and expect the school to do all the heavy lifting for them. Then when the kids are gone home, the teacher still has to correct papers, set up lesson plans, etc. and I don't see why anyone would want to teach in a public school nowadays. Unless they have a penchant for indoctrination... :rolleyes:

I only have a BS after my name (Career and Tech Ed.). ;) I could easily get a job teaching "Industrial Arts" (ie: shop teacher) as we are in high demand and there are many industry-sponsored "academies" popping up because of need of trained employees. Last time I considered applying, they required this online, multiple-choice, 100Q "touchy-feely" test be completed before the app was even accepted. :rolleyes: I got about 30Qs in and considered just picking "A" for the rest of the answers. ;) A sample question would be like: "Student A is disrupting the class. Would you A) ignore him, B) send him to the office, C) try to reason with him or D) discipline him in front of the class?" Stupid-ass, bull-shit questions like that with no "real" answer. To be later poked and prodded by some academic in H.R. "So Mr. Bob, we noticed you answered "A" to this question--why did it make you feel that way?" :rolleyes: PS: I did NOT complete the test, hence my application was never submitted...

My son graduated last June so both kids are now out of "the system". I did what I could on my end but the system underachieved. When I was in high school, the same teachers taught the same subjects seemingly forever. Many of my teachers remembered my older sister and I'm sure they told my younger brother they remembered me. With my kid's high school there was/is a revolving door of teachers and admin (principals) so while only 2 years apart, they never had the same teacher for any class except driver's ed. I strongly believe in school choice especially if pulls funds from public schools because they suck. I've been to school board meetings and they were just a waste of time. 3 minutes to speak is only about enough time to introduce yourself. I thought about running for school board but wouldn't stand a chance against a gay, bi-lingual, Puerto Rican Health Sciences teacher who is in my district. He wears a mask at gatherings and although the position is non-partisan, he was endorsed by the local Dumpocrap committee so we know where his values lie. The city is about 30% hispanic. At this point, my giveashits are zero. While plenty of tax-payer resources are spent to teach ESOL, they still don't teach spanish in elementary school which is the best time for a child to learn another language(s). Remember that the next time you see a company offering bi-lingual bonuses to recruits... :mad: (rant over ;) )

Last edited:
From freshman year in college thru Masters Program to National Board Certification to earning her doctorate she was in undergraduate school or graduate school for almost 14 years.

Thanks all. I am very proud of her. :)

Back