• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month (January, 2022) (Covid)

I'm positive for covid. After numerous unneeded quarantines it finally caught me. This is the sickest I have been since a real bad bout with the flu 25 years ago. The cough is down a lot as the prednisone is doing its job.
Good luck, hope your experience is like mine was. I've had worse hangovers. Exhaustion was the worse part.

I'm positive for covid. After numerous unneeded quarantines it finally caught me. This is the sickest I have been since a real bad bout with the flu 25 years ago. The cough is down a lot as the prednisone is doing its job.
Take care Brother and keep us posted!!

How, if at all, has Covid changed your life?

Since 1/3 had some sneezes and coughs.
After taking self-test Thurs 1/5 I got my email on Saturday 1/8 I got my results by email:

Your results indicate that you are infected with the virus responsible for COVID-19.
Most people with COVID-19 have mild symptoms blah blah...

My only symptoms were occasional sneezing and inability to speak more than about 4 syllables without coughing.
Today, Monday, I feel even better. I'm lucky.

Still doing work that is outside. Not making personal contacts right now. I have people that have offered to deliver to me. Haven't had to use them yet.

I've probably got about 6 - 8 years to live. I wonder what model of COVID will be current when I kick off.

How, if at all, has Covid changed your life?
It hasn't changed our life all that much, except in the matter of using masks in public indoor spaces as mandated and giving some extra thought to personal contacts. As someone trained in the use of PPE for biohazard among other things, I am not opposed to the use of masks to prevent infection or transmission. If masks were not effective in preventing airborne or aerosolized transmission then medical professionals, first responders, military and industry would not bother to spend money on items that are ineffective and allow personnel to become infected or otherwise contaminated.

Back in January and February 2020 I was bolstering my stock of masks while the Feds both north and south of the 49th parallel were telling everyone that masks wouldn't work. My training told me otherwise and I have acted in accordance with that training ever since. The messaging from the Feds was a HUGE red flag to me right out the gate, that something didn't smell right and that we were being lied to. I still feel that way today.

I honestly can't dispute many of the things said above and am in agreement with much of the sentiment. And, I'm in no way endorsing the COVID doctrine being foisted on the public. I feel there is much wrong with the party line and am sure there is obfuscation and outright lies throughout. I lean towards the idea that the powers that be are covering their asses while capitalizing on and exploiting an opportunity, rather than COVID as a conspiracy.

I see the vaccines (if indeed they are what they are claimed to be) as nothing more than a triage tool to keep as many people out of the hospital as possible. This is also fraught with public relations problems and as "immunity" in many wanes in months, then we see what see now as many vacc'd people with underlying health issues end up in the hospital anyway.

What keeps me staying the course at this time is the fact that my wife and I are caring for my 84 year old Dad at home and I WON'T take any chances with his health. Even without COVID we wouldn't be venturing far these days anyway. The other part being that I am not a scientist and I have no way to reasonably wade through and interpret the data in any useful manner for myself. I only have my common sense, which tells me to be cautious these days. Not scared. But, not without considering the possible outcome of my actions.

Everyone I know that has contracted COVID so far, did so in an unmasked environment. That to me only confirms that biohazard protocols would likely be effective in preventing transmission. To be fair, I do not know anyone that has been hospitalized nor died from COVID either. Nor am I aware of anyone of those infected being a COVID "long hauler". What will get us all out of this mess, I simply can't even begin to guess. Certainly less paranoia and a whole bunch more common sense would be a great place to start.

Man, covid kicked my butt. I think I laid around for 5 straight days with aches, pains, cough and a low grade fever. It was about 12 days in until I started having energy again and didn't need a nap or two. I don't remember ever being down that long. The closest was pneumonia one time. I never lost my taste but did drop a dozen pounds over the worst part. Thanks all for the get well wishes.

Man, covid kicked my butt. I think I laid around for 5 straight days with aches, pains, cough and a low grade fever. It was about 12 days in until I started having energy again and didn't need a nap or two. I don't remember ever being down that long. The closest was pneumonia one time. I never lost my taste but did drop a dozen pounds over the worst part. Thanks all for the get well wishes.
Glad you're back on your feet Mike!!

Back