• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Shotgun with slotted trigger safety?

CCYooper

Copper BB
I was given a bag of trigger group parts and the guy said it came from a M500 shotgun. I am usually pretty good at putting these together but when I dumped them out I noticed the trigger is split and appears to have a slide/safety release in the trigger. Can someone tell me which shotgun this goes to so I can look to see where all the springs go as it is not your normal M500 if it is in fact from one of those. Regards

Attachments

• IMG_8365.JPG
    IMG_8365.JPG
    379.4 KB · Views: 12
I have never seen a mossberg 500 with a trigger safety before.

I do recognize some of the other parts there, but I've never seen/heard of an M500 trigger safety.

I think I can put it together without the springs but work has me consumed on the road until next week. The only thing that appears to be missing but it might not be needed is the action lock. The trigger safety piece may substitute somehow for that

Well don’t have to leave until later this afternoon so I put it together without the springs. It all fits. I know where a couple of springs go but others I have not fiddled with it enough to see how they fit. The small round coil spring (not the hammer plunger spring on top) must have something to do with the trigger but it doesn’t seem long enough when I stick it in a hole behind the trigger. There is a little thing that may go in the hole but I’m not sure - if I had a schematic I would know.

Attachments

• ECFD63D9-D70A-4EA6-A38D-D67516973361.jpeg
    ECFD63D9-D70A-4EA6-A38D-D67516973361.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Well now that I’m back I figured out what it is. Now I just need to find a schematic. It is the lightning pump action (LPA) adjustable trigger assembly. So what I’m looking for is assembly instructions, schematic, or video. Regards.

Back