• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hogue Handall Grip Sleeve on MC2c?

Mossy Man

.22LR
Has anyone installed one of the Hogue Handall grip sleeve on either a MC1 or MC2c pistol? If so which part # did you use? How did it fit and how did it perform for you after installation?

This is not directly answering your question but I installed one on a Glock 19 2nd Gen probably 20yrs ago. Stock G17 photo shown. It added more grippiness and finger grooves which I liked. Allowed the G19 to fit my large hands better. The grip did require a little trimming as they mention in their fitment guide. The 3rd Gen Glocks added finger grooves and more texturing which solved the problem. The 5th Gen Glocks went back to no finger grooves... :rolleyes:

I took a look around the Hogue website and it would appear they have a few different sizes/styles but did not see the MC1/2 listed. They are $13 if you want to be the guinea pig. Maybe try calling/emailing them to see what they recommend. Find a gun listed that is similar in size and order that model online. Or better yet, go to a larger store in your area (Academy, Bass Pro, WalMart?) and see if they have one in stock and try it out. I recall mine was very difficult to slip on, as it should be--you don't want it to be loose. I may have used a little soapy water as a lubricant, I can't remember. Mine was made out of rubber. Hogue makes good stuff--I have Tamers on my 500.

Somebody here with one may add something eventually--be patient.

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

394621547.800x800.jpg

HogueHandallGlk43.jpg Thanks for the reply. Yes I have already talked to a rep. at Hogue Customer Service. They couldn't tell me much about which grip sleeve would fit my MC2c. I have installed a Hogue beaver tail grip sleeve on another one of my pistols and I really like it. Hogue told me the only one they could recommend that they knew would fit, was the Hogue Handall Jr. small size grip sleeve. The Handall Jr. only has one finger groove and I wanted a two finger grooves model. The problem with fitting any of the Handall Grip Sleeves to the MC2c is the width. The MC2c handle is only approx. 1" wide at the widest point. Most other pistols that Hogue makes grip sleeves to fit, are much wider than this.

Hogue makes a large selection of grip sleeves for all the different Glock models, so I have been checking dimensions on the Glocks. The Glock compact model 43X is one they offer in the new Slimline, it measures 1.125" wide and 3.125" tall from the bottom of the slide down to the bottom of the handle. I really didn't want a beavertail model grip sleeve because I like the way the beavertail extension fits my hand on the MC2c. But I do like the opportunity to have the two finger grooves on a grip sleeve. I think I am going to go ahead and order a beavertail grip sleeve for the 43X and see how it fits my pistol. I can always trim the beavertail tab off of the sleeve and feather the edge and add a layer of high voltage insulation tape to the sides to make the handle a little wider if need be.

If my plans work out successfully, I will post some pictures for the sake of other MC2c owners that might want to do the same.

Back