• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got a new Ruger Mk IV pistol today.

But for perspective, almost every newly acquired gun has been because I sold one or two that I no longer had any interest in owning. So it's a trade-off. :)
Aweeee. You do that also. My wife believes when you buy something you should keep it forever. Thank god she can’t remember the “Safe Code”!!!!! :sofa:

I've wanted one of those for a long time. I think it would be a nice gun to plink cans and shoot possums and coons and snakes with when they're bothering the chickens.

Here is the one I bought.
40107.jpg

My older is a 22/45 with a 4" slab side bull barrel and fixed sights.

There was a company somewhere recently selling threaded barreled uppers for ~$40.

Maybe it was volquartsen?

Are the slabs changeable? Earlier 22/45s they weren't. What is the diff between Mk3 and 4? Easier takedown or something?

Yes, slabs can be changed.

Oh gosh there is a lot that is different.

The safety is back to being a lever not a button and is ambi for the first time. And should you want to you can delete the right side safety with an allen wrench in about a minute.

The takedown is incredibly easy and reassembly is equally simple. It takes one second. It is genius.

The slide lock is a lever again not a button.

Replaceable grip panels. Checkered front and back straps on the frame.

Deleted the Loaded Chamber Indicator on the Mk III.

Drilled and tapped the receiver for Pic or Weaver rails.

I had an earlier 22/45 with the molded in "grips". There were guys that had ground down the grips so it was flat, then epoxied inserts to screw on 1911 slabs. A little too much work for me... :)

I had a MKIII Hunter and MKIV Hunter. Great guns. I liked the MKIV better just because of the easier take down.

Back