• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

Yep, I knew that going in. It seems to cycle fine, but I will know more when I shoot it this weekend. Gonna throw a sidesaddle of some sort and a CDM Gear ROC-12 Light mount on it. We'll see what else gets hung on it. For no more money that I have in it I can afford to play with it.
Edit: After pulling the shotgun apart this afternoon, it is pretty obvious that it's never been shot. Makes the purchase even better.

Last edited:
I had a Stevens 350 made by Sun City in China several years ago as well. It was a good little shotgun too. It was a Ithaca 37 copy. The Chinesium shottys are heavy because they are all steel, but seem to be solid shotguns for the money.

Last edited:
Some of the upgrades I installed on my H&R Pardner Pump. AT3 Tactical RD-50 red dot on a Trinity scope rail, CDM Gear ROC-12 light mount. I shot it today @ 25 yards with both slug and buck for a total of about 20 rounds. I got the red dot dialed in pretty good, but ran out of slugs. I had a couple times where it did not feed the last round from the mag tube, so I am gonna replace the spring and follower.
Recoil was surprisingly mild with the slugs. They were Federal Blue Box 15 round bulk pack from Wally World. I guess the all steel construction helps hold the recoil down.
20220520_130925.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my Pardner. Cut down barrel to about 19" so it is just a little past the post for the vent rib, did a little 'smithing of the inside rails so it would extract (red arrow). Didn't like the "feel" of the PG stock so I went back to OEM. Hope to test for function this weekend along with some pistols I "put together" ;)...

par1.jpg
partac.jpg
shellhits1.jpg

I am adding an updated photo of my Pardner Pump. I played around with a Tacstar Remmy 870 stock adapter, but just did not like it. This will be the final configuration, I believe.
AT3 Tactical RD-50 red dot on a Trinity Tactical rail, CDM Gear ROC-12 light mount, Speedfeed forend, S&H Hardware Big Dome safety, XS Big Dot front sight and a simple UTG sling. I also bought a Mesa Tactical side saddle for it, just waiting on the USPS to quit moving it around all over the place and actually deliver it. I took out the mag spring retainer as well, so now it is 6+1. I said before, but the recoil on this shotgun is surprisingly mild, probably due to it being all steel. I have thought about a mag tube extension, but there is only about 3-4 threads in front of the barrel lug for the extension to grab onto. This started out as a budget build, and still is to an extent, as I have less than $400 in the gun, including the Mesa Side saddle and the RD-50 red dot. I can't buy a Mossy 590 or Remmy 870 for that.
H&R Pardner Pump 12 gauge current configuration RS.jpg
As far as the intermittent failures to feed the last round from the tube, I saw a YouTube video where a guy filed down the front of the trigger group housing where the shell lifter rests on it. That seems to have solved that problem as it now cycles smoother and feeds all the rounds. This thing cycles surprisingly smooth for a cheap gun.

My middle son bought one of the pardner pumps and it was very much like an 870. The mag tube wouldn't fit a regular 870 magpul forend without needing modified, but with a little encouragement, it worked.

zEMfSgd.jpg

Yeah, the forend I installed is a Speedfeed I believe. I had to persuade it on with a plastic mallet. It is NOT coming off.

I carried Remington 1100/1187P's at work for 25 years and had my own personal 1187P, and other than not cycling the lightest LE "low recoil" loads, they worked fine. I kept reading all the Benelli M4 / Beretta 1301 hoopla and thought "Meh...my Remmys work just fine. How much better, especially for twice the price, could they be?"

Well, I saw a like-new stock 1301 Gen2 listed on my local Armslist a few months back for a price too good to turn down and decided I would finally see what the fuss was about.

I should have bought one of these long ago...

172311209.WJqyU0Sr.jpg

172678589.lYLshJXj.jpg

Back