• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

940 Pro Tactical

It performed well in the TFB torture test, the updated internals replicate what the aftermarket has been doing to the 930, comes well setup out of the box which is why the price is higher but still nowhere near the cost of a well-appointed 1301 or M2/3/4

I'm not running out to replace my 930SPX that's got all the fixings, but the 940 Tactical is good option for someone looking to pickup a new 'tactical' semi-auto

Last edited:
It performed well in the TFB torture test, the updated internals replicate what the aftermarket has been doing to the 930, comes well setup out of the box which is why the price is higher but still nowhere near the cost of a well-appointed 1301 or M2/3/4

I'm not running out to replace my 930SPX that's got all the fixings, but the 940 Tactical is good option for someone looking to pickup a new 'tactica' semi-auto

TY. I bought one yesterday off of GB and have a FFL here to take it in. I don't have any semi-auto shotguns, just a 500. Can't wait to try it.

I'll watch TFBTV on gootoob when I notice a new video of interest. Reeves is cocky but amusing once you get used to his "style".

A 930 has been on my list for over a decade but prices have not been where they need to be for me to buy one. The closest I came was about 5+ years ago when WM started to discontinue stocking semi-auto SGs and rifles. There was a base (with bead) 930 18" "home security" model they were clearancing at $400 I think. Or was it $300? Doing the math in my head I figured I would have to put another $200 into it to make it "right" so why not just buy a JM model for $300 more. I do regret not getting it at the time... :(

Maybe with the intro of the 940, 930 prices will come down? Looking at the Mossberg site, the 940 Pro MSRP is close to $1200! :eek: Maybe because they have to pay for the Miculeks' ammo expenses? :D

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

Lena_Miculek_12_1_.jpg

I’m a Mossberg fan and have 2 930 based semi Mossy shotguns. I’m also a tinkerer so basically I’ve turned them into something between a 930 and a 940. Both are really fun to shoot and reliable enough to be trustworthy HD options. Downside is the time to disassemble, inspect, clean and reassemble.
I think you’ll be happy with your purchase. Let us know how it goes.

I'll watch TFBTV on gootoob when I notice a new video of interest. Reeves is cocky but amusing once you get used to his "style".

A 930 has been on my list for over a decade but prices have not been where they need to be for me to buy one. The closest I came was about 5+ years ago when WM started to discontinue stocking semi-auto SGs and rifles. There was a base (with bead) 930 18" "home security" model they were clearancing at $400 I think. Or was it $300? Doing the math in my head I figured I would have to put another $200 into it to make it "right" so why not just buy a JM model for $300 more. I do regret not getting it at the time... :(

Maybe with the intro of the 940, 930 prices will come down? Looking at the Mossberg site, the 940 Pro MSRP is close to $1200! :eek: Maybe because they have to pay for the Miculeks' ammo expenses? :D

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

View attachment 27531

TY! My friend just picked up a 930 from a "smith who put some Or3gun stuff on it for $500. Maybe used they are cheaper.

I’m a Mossberg fan and have 2 930 based semi Mossy shotguns. I’m also a tinkerer so basically I’ve turned them into something between a 930 and a 940. Both are really fun to shoot and reliable enough to be trustworthy HD options. Downside is the time to disassemble, inspect, clean and reassemble.
I think you’ll be happy with your purchase. Let us know how it goes.

TY! Tracking shows I won't get it until Thursday next week - I'm used to buying a gun and taking it home right away so this is giving me flashbacks to my days in CA with the horrible waiting period. But yeah I plan on taking it apart and cleaning it, just hope I can get it back together! LOL

DL. There is a great video on YouTube by Jerry Miculek that guides you thru the disassembly, cleaning and reassembly. It’s for a 930 but the 940 is the same with some upgrades. Post pics.

DL. There is a great video on YouTube by Jerry Miculek that guides you thru the disassembly, cleaning and reassembly. It’s for a 930 but the 940 is the same with some upgrades. Post pics.

TY, I will check it out. I can't wait to take and post pics!

Well the gun arrived at my gun shop last Thursday so I did the paperwork and thought I'd take it home. Nope, the stupid background checks are taking 2-5 days! No call today and tomorrow will be day #3. Ridiculous. This is the first time in 19 yrs in NV I didn't leave with the gun.

I guess I picked the wrong gun store to take in the 940. First they charged me a $50 transfer fee and a $25 background check, then told me it'd be 2 - 5 days on the BC. Well it was approved 7/9 (the next day) and I didn't find out until today! I call and finally get through (they don't answer the phone a lot) and they tell me they went to leave a message on my cell but the mailbox was full. That's it? One failed call? I won't be going there again after tomorrow when I FINALLY get the 940.

While your local dealer stunk, the gun looks like it will work great for HD once the dot is zeroed.

At first, I didn't know if I would like a red dot on a shotgun.

Until I used one on a shotgun, then I thought it was great.

I am wet just looking at these pics and jealous - and I agree I would spring the extra $150 for the proper Holosun installed out of the box -

Is the barrel clamp still made out of polymer? 940 Pro checks all the right boxes for me especially with self cleaning gas system, controls, adjustable LOP etc, except I already own a 1301T, just bought a Panzer M4 clone, and also own a Black Aces Smax in walnut which I am SUPER impressed with for the $280 I paid for it -

Back