• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 Flex

Badger

Copper BB
Just got a new 590 flex. Am having issues removing the stock. I can't pull the lever mechanism up on this thing at all. Is this common? Been hitting the butt pad and trying it. Pulling the butt pad and trying and this thing won't budge. I'm about to try some channel locks but thought I would defer here first.

My second question is in regards to the tactical stock itself. Mine came with a shell holder on it but it's on the right hand side and I'm left handed. I see 4 screws on the other side. Is this thing swappable to the other side or removable?

Thanks in advance.

I can't answer your Q but someone here might. It is summertime, people doing stuff, maybe not on the forums as much. Be patient, grasshopper! ;) Someone will reply because I've seen Flex owners on here before.

Be sure to RTFOM because it probably describes the procedure you are looking for. I don't much about Flex: only info I know is reading about them when they first came out and watching a video or two. I didn't see any Flex models on the Mossberg website but you can probably get an Owner's Manual there if you don't have one. And their phone number to give them a call. The Flex seemed kind of faddish and they may have discontinued it. They still had some assorted parts and stocks on the website.

I would remove the shell holder and see if lines up with the other holes and if it does screw it in. Done... :)

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

I own a flex. No channel locks required. Pull the T handle up and turn it 90 degrees. Gently tap the stock on all sides and in all directions and it will loosen up. Sometimes it seems like it won’t but it will. After extended shooting it tightens up pretty good. Be patient!

I can't answer your Q but someone here might. It is summertime, people doing stuff, maybe not on the forums as much. Be patient, grasshopper! ;) Someone will reply because I've seen Flex owners on here before.

Be sure to RTFOM because it probably describes the procedure you are looking for. I don't much about Flex: only info I know is reading about them when they first came out and watching a video or two. I didn't see any Flex models on the Mossberg website but you can probably get an Owner's Manual there if you don't have one. And their phone number to give them a call. The Flex seemed kind of faddish and they may have discontinued it. They still had some assorted parts and stocks on the website.

I would remove the shell holder and see if lines up with the other holes and if it does screw it in. Done... :)

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)
Thanks man. When you have a new gun in your hands and things aren't going right you start freaking out. LOL Thanks for the advise. I was able to move that dumb shell holder over. Probably just gonna remove it. Thanks for the sage advise.

I own a flex. No channel locks required. Pull the T handle up and turn it 90 degrees. Gently tap the stock on all sides and in all directions and it will loosen up. Sometimes it seems like it won’t but it will. After extended shooting it tightens up pretty good. Be patient!

I just tried your method again and it's still not coming loose. I'll keeping slapping it around like it owes me money and we'll see. Thanks for replying.

Back