• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Vang Comp 590A1

Saltmarsh

.270 WIN
Good Evening, hope everyone is doing well, with the New Year. It has been awhile since I have posted, so I thought I would check in to what everyone is up to. My wife is looking to get a Vang Comp 590A1 18.5 shotgun. Has anyone ordered a complete shotgun from him? We are looking at having an 11 LOP stock fitted on it as well. My wife is 5' 6", she wants the 11", I think she would be ok with a 12". Heres a link the shotgun. https://vangcomp.com/Mossberg_590.html

I dont have a complete gun, just the barrel work on my 590A1 20". I love it!

On the 11 or 12", my daughter is 13 and about 5' tall. She uses the 590A1 with a 12" stock.

I dont think you can go wrong here! ;)

Thank you for the response, I was thinking 12" LOP. Now heres a twist, bead or ghost rings. I see the gun he sells has the ghost rings, I have a bead on my A1 20". I have never used Ghost Rings, so I can not cooment on them. What do you all think?

More importantly...what does the wife think !?

BTW...welcome back !

She likes the less is more with the bead, but is on the fence, since neither of us have shot with the rings. And Thank you, it is good to be back. ;)

Is it out of the question to find one at a LGS with ghost rings and mount it to the shoulder a few times to see the difference ?!

We just watched a video on youtube, she likes the Ghost Rings. They look like they can put some slugs down range pretty accurately.

I prefer GRS over a bead, but that comes from years of shooting ARs with rear aperture sights. The GRS are a more natural transition for me...

Your right. I never looked at them, all these years. It will be an easy transition, since she shoots an AR. Well, you learn something new everyday. I have had a bead on every shotgun I have owned. I never thought about anything else, until now. Thanks Guys!

Just about to turn in. I just told my wife, this board has not only the know how, but pictures to answer just about anything. You guys are Top Shelf! Thanks Sniper! This truely is one of the most productive sites, I have been a part of.

Saltmarsh said:
Thank you for the response, I was thinking 12" LOP. Now heres a twist, bead or ghost rings. I see the gun he sells has the ghost rings, I have a bead on my A1 20". I have never used Ghost Rings, so I can not cooment on them. What do you all think?

I like ghost rings preferably I find it gives me quicker target acquisition and makes me more accurate. I dont think you can go wrong with them. I would not own a sd/hd shotgun or hunting shotgun without them. Mine are just the standard Mossberg Ghost rings. Nothing fancy they are on a 500 below are pics.

M500tacstarsidesaddlepic.jpg

M500blackhawkSpecopsstock4.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

Thanks guys, sorry for the delay. I have a new job, home on the weekends, and back out of town during the week. Gumbydammit, thank you. No sarcasim ment, but do I just call up and ask for "Gumbydammit"? It will be a little while since I am working out of town, and have alot of schooling to complete. Scott.

^^^ Yup, Gumby will work, but if you ask for GumbyDammit, theyll still get you connected! ;)

Back