• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Kimber

We all know Kimber for their wide range of 1911s, but their newest entry falls into the world of pocket 9's that have begun sweeping through the concealed carry world...

Meet the Kimber Solo Carry Stainless...

Specifications

Caliber: 9mm
Height (inches) 90° to barrel: 3.9
Weight (ounces) with empty magazine: 17
Length (inches): 5.5
Magazine capacity: 6 rounds

Frame
Material: Aluminum
Finish: KimPro II
Width (inches): .995 not including safety

Slide
Material: Stainless steel
Finish: Satin silver

Barrel
Length (inches): 2.7
Twist rate (left hand): 10

Sights
Fixed low profile
Radius (inches): 4.4

Grips
Black synthetic
Checkered / smooth

Trigger
Single action striker- fired
Factory setting (approximate pounds): 7

MSRP:
$747.00

Features:
• Stainless steel slide and barrel.
• 7075-T7 aluminum frame with satin silver
KimPro II™ fi nish.
• Designed for high-pressure defense ammunition.
• Ambidextrous safety and magazine release.
• Dovetail-mounted white dot sights.
• Removable grip panels.
• Magazine capacity is 6 rounds, with extended
8-round magazine optional.

The Kimber legacy of offering the finest production firearms available today continues with the Solo™, a new pistol that puts the power of the 9 mm cartridge in a micro-compact size usually reserved for smaller calibers. Power aside, what really sets the Solo apart is quality, dependability and 1911 ergonomics that ensure comfortable shootability regardless of hand size. This all comes together to put Solo performance in a class by itself.

With a barrel length of just 2.7 inches, Solo pistols are easy to carry and conceal. Many of the features borrowed from 1911 pistols also make them exceptionally safe. A manual ambidextrous thumb safety, checkered slide release and ambidextrous magazine release button enable fast and intuitive operation. Then there is the single action striker-fired trigger pull–even and smooth.

Solo frames are machined from the finest aluminum and finished in KimPro II, a premium finish that is self-lubricating and extremely resistant to salt and moisture. Slides and barrels are cut from stainless steel. Edges are rounded and blended, slide serrations are deep enough to really work and the dovetail-mounted 3-dot sights are quick to target. No other small pistol can compare.

... also available in bi-tone with the Kimpro II finished frame...

SPECIFICATIONS

Caliber: 9mm Height (inches) 90° to barrel: 3.9
Weight (ounces) with empty magazine: 17
Length (inches): 5.5
Magazine capacity: 6 rounds

FRAME
Material: Aluminum Finish: KimPro II
Width (inches): .995 not including safety

SLIDE
Finish: Satin silver

BARREL Length (inches): 2.7
Twist rate (left hand): 10

SIGHTS
Fixed low profile
Radius (inches): 4.4

GRIPS
Black synthetic
Checkered / smooth

TRIGGER
Single action striker- fired
Factory setting (approximate pounds): 7

MSRP:
$747.00

Here's my EDC, the Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ...

Here she is paired with my custom bi-tone officer's model m1911 knife...

Anyone seen this yet?

Kimber Ultra+ CDP II

The Ultra+ CDP II is Kimber’s newest addition to the CDP family. By combining all the features of the Ultra CDP II with a full-length grip, the Ultra+ CDP II .45 ACP is the ideal carry pistol for shooters with large hands. The Ultra+ CDP II is ideal for shooters wanting the concealment benefits of a 3" barrel while retaining the advantages of a full size grip for more stability when shooting.

Also available in Super Carry Ultra+...

LES.... We have this pistol in the LGS I work at. It's pretty sweet.... The only thing I'm not fond of is the full size grip paired with a 3" barrel. Not my fav look... But it's still super nice!! :) I think my boss is getting me the Pro CDP II. Orig he was getting me an XDm compact but I think we've changed our minds ;)

Lucky girl!! I'd love to have one of these and would take a pay cut to work in a gun shop. I would like to open my own some day. Kimber makes a great gun and it will be next on the list!

Very nice GLG2!

I absolutely love my Ultra CDPII. One thing to keep in mind is that Kimber uses carbon steel barrels instead of stainless. It's extremely durable, but WILL rust VERY easily. Make sure you keep the outer surface of the barrel clean, WELL oiled, and don't touch it with your bare hands when re-assemblimg after cleaning. There's nothing more depressing than opening up the safe and seeing a thumb print rusted into the breach end of your barrel...

Here's another "coming soon" for ya...

Kimber Micro CDP .380

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyiII2MHsj8[/youtube]

Congratulations Kimber! You just made a $1000 SIG P238...

Hey LES or any other Kimber guys. I was offered an Ultra CDP II .45 for $840. 500 round count I was told, no scratches, sights very bright...no issues I could find. Think that's a decent price? It's being held for me until tomorrow.

Mine has made one helluva fine carry pistol.

Aside from the minor rust issue on the carbon steel barrel it's been problem free from the start. It eats anything I feed it and is incredibly accurate for a 3" barrel. Put 500 rounds through mine in the first two days. When I saw $840 I almost choked! Bought mine new and paid considerably more than that for it. :oops:

I'd definitely check it out in person. If the condition is what they say, then it's definitely worth the price in my opinion...

I've already seen it so it's in the condition I described. Until you have in hand you really can't tell it's a used gun. It could stand a good cleaning but other than that I didn't find any issues or much wear. I wasn't sure of what they sell for on the used market, that's the only reason I didn't buy it today.

If you're happy with the condition it looks like a good deal to me at nearly 40% off suggested retail...

Back