• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

For The Ladies Of Mossberg Owners!

Would you like to see, or is there enough call for a "Ladies Of MO" section?

• Yes

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Maybe when we have more of the femalez!

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Sure, it may even attract more of the femalez!

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
We (us guys) are tryin to figure out how best to set up a "Ladies" section of the forum!

Is it worth doing? What would you (ladies) want included or would it be best to leave it an open-ended subforum where you can add content as you go? Would it need its own subsections like what you see with "Ammunition" or "Optics"? Would it be ok for us (guys) to post as well as long as we behave and dont pee on the toilet seat?

I know of 6 ladies here as registered users. 3 or 4 I havent seeen in sometime, so it would be a slow start.

Please help us with any feedback, ideas, suggestions or whatever!

Thank You!

Rossignol;
Out.

Rossi!! Always thinking about others! :) I think it's a good idea... Not sure there would be much action going on for a while. I'm unsure how many sub forums we would really need or if we should keep it more generalized... The topic title may be sufficient enough to find what we need. I really don't know where to go with the idea as a whole. Definitely something to think about. Thanks for thinking of "us"!

GirlsLoveGuns2 said:
Definitely something to think about.

Here's something else to think about.

It may have been Brad's idea, but the new section would really need to belong to our female members. In order for it to be a legitimate "ladies" section, topics and subject matter need to be presented from a female point of view. As our resident female moderator, it would only make sense for you to MOD the new section GLG2. Us fellas could speculate all day long on what is important to you ladies, but as my wife continually points out we have NO CLUE. I think the section would take off a lot faster if it were run by our mostest awesomest of female members that just also happens to work in a gun store.

Just sayin...

Did I mention I <3 you guys?! Of course LES, I figured I'd have to step up to the plate to help run it. I just don't feel like my creative juices are flowing like normal! I don't know where to start.

Let me brake it down.

LES' wifes says he has no clue. My wife says I'm an idiot.

"Ladies Of MO" def needs feminine guidance.

More of the house warming stuff...

FaliaPhotography;
Falia Photography's Channel,
About Falia Freedom Channel,
Female Perspective on Firearms, Gear, Concealed Carry, and Preparedness

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9FQVbVITGs&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9VlQZ_vUM4&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Check her out, suscribe, contact her, interview her... whatever!

Well, theres def a market for a feminine perspective, female shooters.

I'm not sayin it has to be a soapbox, but just knowing there are other women shooters may help others to have the confidence to speak up or get more involved with something they have otherwise been hesitant to do.

Additionally, female banter or chatter may be better than just "us". Talk about girl stuff with other girls knowing you all (you girls) have a common interest. Talk about ... you kids or whatever girls talk about. I dont know cuz I dont listen and I dislike the femine voice ringing in my ears. I'd rather hear my grinders and hammers at work, or listen to myself in the bathroom! :D (just kiddin!!!) But seriously , my daughters drive me crazy! :x <----- Thats my angry face.

So, yeah, I think it could work... if the girls show up. And not me. Posting. Like, "Uhh, hey. Yoiu girlds. What are yous doijn here? I'm a guy and im 6 dfeet 4 inches and have a hairy chest and I'm totally hot and I drive a dump truck and chicks totally difg me. I havve blonde hair andblue eyes and I weigh like 300 pounds, but its cool cuz it almost like entirely muscle and studff. You knbow hwhat I mean, right? Its like a totally hot 300 pounds."

Its not a dating site or a place to try and pick up chicks, but a few posts with some terms that show up on search engines and we're good to go!

Actually a ladies section is fairly common, to many boards...so it's nothing new or novel. There are plenty of examples of where it works out well for the ladies...though from time to time there are those of the male persuasion who need to be reminded it IS a ladies section...present company excluded of course! :D

I'd say go for it...nothing to loose and a everyting to gain, the fastest growing group of new shooters are female. So why not give them some room...they got stuff to talk about that would best be discussed amongst themselves...

Thanks Rossignol!
Say it the way I see it...
I'm usually here and gone, and don't spend a whole lot of time hanging around...and can say this is one of the better boards I frequent...good folks! I haven't came across any testerone powered knuckle draggers, so yeah, safe to say I'd like to see these boards grow and expand and do well...

I have to agree .. a good idea. All forums should try to promote women to become active. Gun forums and gun clubs used to be considered a *boys club* but that is slowly changing. Women need to stop depending on the men of the house to protect, as they are not always home enough to be available 100%

My wife loves my 715T so much that she took it and I had to go order another one LOL. My wife is disappointed that I can get all kinds of 'guy' stuff for my guns and she has very limited 'girly' options. We are still hunting for a good quality pinkish tactical rifle case, we did get her some good pink ear protection.

My wife loves shooting, cooking, and is crafty, and I think a female section would be good for all the women. Problem we've had other places is some, as I saw it posted earlier, testosterone powered knuckle draggers (lol,) basically ran the females off or acted like junior high boys...

My wife firing her, once mine, 715T
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvfiJCmPkw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjKL_Y4HKHk

Back