• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500E .410 accessories?

GunGurl

.22LR
Hi everyone, new member here. I just picked up a 500 Cruiser in .410.. pistol grip. I see alot of references to it being considered a 500E, although it isn't marked as that anywhere..

I have been trying to find accessories for it, and I believe there pretty much are NONE. Is this correct?

I would like to replace the pistol grip with a buttstock, or a tactical style ATI or Knoxx stock. So far I have not found either one to fit this model.. Do I have any stock options at all besides the pistol grip that is on it?

Do any of the other .410 barrels fit in this receiver?

I am also looking for a tac light/ laser combo, and a shot shell holder.. I can't find anything I have mentioned thus far. Any suggestions on any of these items? Sorry if this topic has been covered already..

Lain

Hi Lain Welcome to MO!!!

My daughter uses a 500 .410 too. You can get a traditional stock for it either wood or black synthetic and can even get a "bantam" or youth stock that is about a 13" length of pull (LOP) rather than the standard factory LOP of around 14 3/8".

Other accesories, very little. If any at all.

You can swap barrels and go to a field barrel if you like. Yours is a 5 shot model, yes?

I dont know of any sort of shotshell holder or means of attatching a light/laser.

Rossignol said:
Hi Lain Welcome to MO!!!

My daughter uses a 500 .410 too. You can get a traditional stock for it either wood or black synthetic and can even get a "bantam" or youth stock that is about a 13" length of pull (LOP) rather than the standard factory LOP of around 14 3/8".

Other accesories, very little. If any at all.

You can swap barrels and go to a field barrel if you like. Yours is a 5 shot model, yes?

I dont know of any sort of shotshell holder or means of attatching a light/laser.

Thank you so much for responding Rossignol! Mine is the 6 shot Cruiser model that comes with the pistol grip., cylinder bore. I really do hope I can switch out the barrel, and switch the stock to the Bantam.. I will call Mossberg and ask about compatability. As for the shot shell holder, once I get a traditional buttstock, I suppose I could always try a butt stock holder that holds a large rifle round.. that might work also.. Thanks for the input!

Ahh, thats right, 5 round magazine + 1 round chambered. My bad! :D

Good thinkin on the rifle cartridge holder! Thats what I was tryin to think of!!! I think that will work if you do the elastic cuff!

And, youre welcome!!! ;)

Just a thought,

Have you seen the ESSTAC shotgun cards? They're 12ga shell holders that attach to your receiver using velcro...

A few of us around here use 'em. I'm just thinkin out loud here, but if you really want a side-saddle you could replicate that design for .410. All it'd take is a strip of nylon. some elastic, and some industrial strength velcro to make one yourself. Either that or you could cut one of the buttstock shell holders to fit your receiver, fix the velcro, and you've got a custom .410 side-saddle for your 500E...

Yeah. thanks guys. I'm leaning towards modifying something, and just making my own. In fact I can even use a .410 leather shell holder that slides on a belt, cut, and velcro it. That was pretty much the only dedicated .410 carrier that I found. If I did use a buttstock nylon rifle cartridge carrier , which caliber do you think is close to a .410? They don't make a plastic or nylon one dedicated to a .410 from what I can find..

Lain

Most of the buttstock ammo sleeves you'll find are a one size fits most kinda situation. The elastic will accommodate a range of common rifle calibers and should easily fit a .410 shell.

Did a little recon at BassPro today at lunch. Here's a .410 shell inserted into one of the "rifle" model buttstock shell holders...

It fit like a glove. This was the model I used...

Tried to give you a REP POINT for doin this recon. System would not let me, said I had to spread the wealth...LOL!

Great job checking this stuff out and providing pics to help a new member here!

LTB45 said:
Tried to give you a REP POINT for doin this recon. System would not let me, said I had to spread the wealth...LOL!

I'll give him one for you.

LES, great recon work.

MikeD said:
LTB45 said:

I'll give him one for you.

LES, great recon work.

Thanks Mike!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Did a little recon at BassPro today at lunch. Here's a .410 shell inserted into one of the "rifle" model buttstock shell holders...

It fit like a glove. This was the model I used...

Wow that's awesome! Thank you so much!

Lain

No problem!

That model in particular would be extremely easy to modify. The .410 shells slid right into the loops and were held in place nice 'n tight. Not a bad price either. It's made from a soft neoprene that could be cut into any shape you want, so keep us posted if you decide to make your modified side saddle...

The rifle shell holders are a good fit,Uncle mikes makes two versions of the buttstock shell carrier,an open style 9-round,and a flap style 6-round ( better for weather protection),other than that you'll need to jury rig your own stuff for it.

As far as the 13-inch L.O.P. stock....you have what I have began calling the DFG MK-2 (Dr. FeelGood)

The DFG MK-1 is the 500E Model 50104 Field shotgun (same magazine tube capacity,so the barrels can swap out just as well as the 12 and 20 gauge guns)

I would say that you might want to try the Federal #4Buckshot (9-pellet load at 1100fps out of a shotgun) and the Federal 2-1/2 inch '000' buckshot (4 pellets,at 1200 fps out of a shotgun barrel)

The newer listings are for the judge and Smith&Wesson Governor revolvers... (775 FPS is the new listing for the 3-inch out of a Judge,and 850fps for the 2-1/2 inch '000').

.410 owners, there is hope for accessories. Like others suggested, a butt stock rifle cartridge holder works PERFECT for .410 shells. Next I will modding one to fit on the receiver when I use the pistol grip, but I haven't gotten that far yet. I also found a Tac light with mount that adjusts small enough to fit on the .410 mag tube. It's a Nebo Protec Laser/ Light combo. It's not a high end light, but it does the job. Last as i'm sure most of you know, you can switch between the pistol grip and Bantam stock on the .410 Cruiser. Here are a few pics.. thanks for the input everyone!

Attachments

• 0913122144.jpg
    0913122144.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 5,096
  • 0913122144a.jpg
    0913122144a.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 5,096
  • 0913122144b.jpg
    0913122144b.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 5,096
Nice work! Good seein ya again and thanks for postin what you found!

Back