• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

.410 cruiser mag tube outer diameter/light mount?

GunGurl

.22LR
I am looking to mount a laser/ light combo on my .410 Pistol grip Cruiser, but I am having trouble finding something compatible with a .410. It might be able to find something if I at least know the OD of the tube, and I don't have calipers.. Mossberg couldn't answer this question.. anyone know? Even better, does anyone know what mount/light combo would fit?
Thanks, Lain

GunGurl said:
I am looking to mount a laser/ light combo on my .410 Pistol grip Cruiser, but I am having trouble finding something compatible with a .410. It might be able to find something if I at least know the OD of the tube, and I don't have calipers.. Mossberg couldn't answer this question.. anyone know? Even better, does anyone know what mount/light combo would fit?
Thanks, Lain

Well a friend that I've talked with through youtube has custom fit a light mount to his DFG Mk-2 (Cutsom Mossberg 500 E)

He said that it has held up pretty well through test firing,if you want I can ask him for sure about how he went about the task.

I'm wondering if this type mount would work...

It's a UTG barrel mount sold for use on AK-47/SKS barrels, but will fit on any tube diameter between .51"-.78". Take some measurements of your mag tube diameter, but I betcha it'd work. They make 3 slot and 5 slot models in both single and tri-rail configurations. I would imagine that the shorter 3 slot models would make more sense depending on the clearance between the pump and the barrel lug. Not a bad option for the price...

Leapers UTG Rail Mounts

There are several places out there to get these much cheaper than msrp...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I'm wondering if this type mount would work...

It's a UTG barrel mount sold for use on AK-47/SKS barrels, but will fit on any tube diameter between .51"-.78". Take some measurements of your mag tube diameter, but I betcha it'd work. They make 3 slot and 5 slot models in both single and tri-rail configurations. I would imagine that the shorter 3 slot models would make more sense depending on the clearance between the pump and the barrel lug. Not a bad option for the price...

Leapers UTG Rail Mounts

There are several places out there to get these much cheaper than msrp...

I was actually looking at these on Amazon. I'm hoping there will be enough clearance between the barrel and mag tube to fit the mount clamp. I will probably roll the dice and order one anyway. As for the mag tube OD, it is 17.67 mm or .62" measured with digital calipers,in case anyone else with a .410 500E is wondering, so in theory the UTG mount should work, Thx LES!

Lain

No problem,

I've actually got one of the 5 slot models sitting in a parts drawer. Pulled it off of my AK, a while back when I stopped using a bipod. When you get a chance, measure the length of clearance between the barrel lug and the end of the pump when fully extended in the forward position. The 5 slot will require 2 and 3/8" clearance in order to operate the pump. I'm not gonna use this thing, so if you have enough room I'll send it to you...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
No problem,

I've actually got one of the 5 slot models sitting in a parts drawer. Pulled it off of my AK, a while back when I stopped using a bipod. When you get a chance, measure the length of clearance between the barrel lug and the end of the pump when fully extended in the forward position. The 5 slot will require 2 and 3/8" clearance in order to operate the pump. I'm not gonna use this thing, so if you have enough room I'll send it to you...

Wow thx LES! You guys here have been great.. i have 2.9" of clearance. I'll PM you

Lain

Hi guys.. sorry it's taken me so long to update this thread. As it turns out, the tac light mount that I thought wouldn't fit, DOES fit. According to the product description it shouldn't, but lo and behold it does adjust small enough to fit a .410 mag tube. This is by no means an expensive light, but for my first shotty, it works fine for now. It's a Nebo Protec Laser flashlight combo with 4 modes: light, laser, light with laser, and strobe. For those with a .410, there is hope for accessories :D

to LES: I will be sending you a pm about the tri rail.. thank you!

Thanks for all the input guys!

here are some pics :D

Attachments

• 0913122144a.jpg
    0913122144a.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,040
  • 0913122149.jpg
    0913122149.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,039
  • 0913122144.jpg
    0913122144.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,039
I'll say again that is one nice looking DFG Mk-2 you have there.

There is a DIY mod on the market to make a side saddle ammo carrier.

Do you have an allen rifle ammo belt ?

That's a nice setup, glad the clamp worked out.

Pfletch8335 said:

No I don't have an allen ammo belt, but I looked it up online.. it looks pretty easy to work with.. great idea!

Well what I was thinking is because the pics I've seen of the mod involve a velcro attachmentS for the side saddles (which would make such quick detach) Seeing as how you are still using the factory forearm you should be able to cut a 7-8 round side saddle with extras (I was thinking of picking up 4 of the belts (Three for the side saddle segments,and one just for myself)

With a 6 round total load up (chamber and mag tube)+ the 8-9 on the buttcuff carrier+7-8 rounds per side saddle carrier= 22- 23 rounds total on and in the gun at all times (sure beats the hell out of fishing around in your pockets or a dump pouch for loose shells) and such shouldn't really effect the weight of the firearm in any negative way (because it's a useable weight)

GunGurl said:
Pfletch8335 said:

No I don't have an allen ammo belt, but I looked it up online.. it looks pretty easy to work with.. great idea!

Well I was able to find one when I was younger (and hunting with a single shot .410 so needless to say it's been a while) at the Wal-mart sporting goods dept,same with K-mart.

If you can just look around any and all local gun shops/hunting departments at chain stores,and because hunting season is on the way they should be out on display somewhere.

Can anyone tell me what model of Nebo this is? I want to use this one on my Mossberg 500, .410..been looking for one and this looks like what I need...

Back