• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Turkey Chokes

Re: Rifled Choke Experience??

You can have one barrel, threaded for 2 choke types? That is new and unexplored grounds for me! haha

As far as Aimpro goes, I want their internal barrel work and Magna-Porting as well. So I am "stuck" with them in a way haha... I don't have any chokes to begin with, so I don't have that problem of having to buy a whole new set... I don't have an old set ;)

But I believe that Winchester and Browning Invector chokes will work in an Accu-choke shotgun

EDIT: Standard Chokes such as Win chokes for the 1200 series will work fine in a standard Accu-choke mossberg. Nothing back-bored or over bored will work

Itsricmo said:
You can have one barrel, threaded for 2 choke types? That is new and unexplored grounds for me! haha

As far as Aimpro goes, I want their internal barrel work and Magna-Porting as well. So I am "stuck" with them in a way haha... I don't have any chokes to begin with, so I don't have that problem of having to buy a whole new set... I don't have an old set ;)

But I believe that Winchester and Browning Invector chokes will work in an Accu-choke shotgun

You can't have one barrel threaded for two chokes but you can have a barrel threaded for whatever choke you want (or that the machinest has the the tools to do and the dimensions of your barrel allow it.)

Yes, the Winchester/Browning Invector are comopatable with the Accu-Choke

Yeah here is the reply from Hastings:

Hello:

As long as your model is not the 835 or 935, this should work.

Regards,
Liane
Hastings Distribution, LLC
www.HastingsDistribution.com

Okay, I didn't think you could have 2 threads but, Hey, you never know haha. As I said I don't have any chokes to begin with so I won't have to worry about having useless chokes laying around :)

I guess we will see if I even get the work done, considering my goods for sale aren't too hot on the classifieds

The 835 and 935 are overbored and use a larger diamerter choke tube.

I only own one choke for the 835 and that's the turkey choke I bought when I refinished it. :D

lol I knew there was something different with the barrels for those 2 models. Wasn't sure what was done to them, but either way, I don't have one haha.

Thanks for all the help and advice, Mike!

DaveinCT said:
SHOOTER13 said:
With what load Dave ?!

My bad, I meant to put that in there!!

#8-1 1/8oz. These are the loads handed to you at one particular shoot I got to. They hand out Prime Rib and Roast beef as well turkeys...

What club has these events?

DaveinCT said:
Here's a pic of my Silver Reserve with 2 xxfull turkey chokes installed. She shoots some nice tight patterns.. :cool:

Had it out today along with the 20" 590A1 and my newly built Saiga 5.45. The Saiga is a real beauty, very happy with the way she feels/shoots now. This O/U shoots one hell of a pattern too.
I'm fairly certain you're the first person I've seen with an O/U set up for turkey.

New to turkey hunting this coming spring and curious as to the decimal figure for chokes. What does it actually refer to. Higher number tighter or wider? Thanks for helping noob out.

The higher the number the tighter the choke; you have to find the combination of choke size and ammo that patterns best with your shotgun. I personally called up George Trulock and went off of his suggestions.

Back