• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Glock

That's just frickin' crazy! Not that I would anyways, but I don't think I'll ever get rid of my Glock. Actually, I may have to add another .... couple .... :D

nitesite said:
Those Pearce PG-29 baseplates make a HUGE difference in the gun, don't they?

Ok now that I shot a few rounds with them I like the overall feel they add to the grip better then stock because it adds a good spot for the pinky and doesn’t give up concealability.

What I couldn’t get used to was how my pinky would get caught by the edge of the Pearce base plate under recoil, due to the huge gap between the base plare and the grip and the edge of the base plate being a nice square clean edge.

I took some real fine sand paper and beveled the edge of the base plate and now I don’t even notice the gap......love them!

I did the same thing on my G26 mags...

That gap was pinching the hell outta my finger with every shot. A little sanding and it's no longer an issue...

whats up with the extra plastic on the front of the grip down by the mag well?, mine dosent have that

Guess mine was never circumcised... :oops:

The G26 frame is even shorter than the larger caliber sub-compacts, so the extra little bit of material helps support the secong finger...

Got a little work done. I still have to redo the finish, probably finish doing that today.

20130115_102558_zpsa4056e5f.jpg

20130115_102609_zpsbc2199e7.jpg

20130115_102621_zps49dc8b07.jpg

20130115_102631_zps9ae6d3ac.jpg

looking more like "your " weapon and less like everyone elses Glock, I want a Wolf so I can start to shoot home cast bullets for me 10mm

Nice! Did you do the work yourself? There is a guy here locally that does nice serations but I have had them done on mine.

MikeD said:
Nice! Did you do the work yourself? There is a guy here locally that does nice serations but I have had them done on mine.

No I can't take credit for those. It was a guy here in Texas, was very very reasonable compared to other people. He also would refinish it but I told him I wanted to do it. I'll post picks of the finished product later.

Joe57 said:
No I can't take credit for those. It was a guy here in Texas, was very very reasonable compared to other people. He also would refinish it but I told him I wanted to do it. I'll post picks of the finished product later.

What are your plans for finish? Melonite? CereKote? ???

MikeD said:
Joe57 said:

What are your plans for finish? Melonite? CereKote? ???

Not quite done yet but I snapped a pic. I thought about Cerakote but I decided to try cold blueing. So far its coming out really well, going to refine it some more still.

20130116_131132_zps851ef2f5.jpg

New USA made 17 bought and will soon be coming home, damn paperwork.
I have a few mods waiting for it XS big dots, and extended slide release. Looking for a beaver tail, as I have huge hands even for a full size. My G Code holster and double magazine carrier are ordered along with some per ban (again) 17 round clips.

Man, I like this guy! :D

You've got excellent taste in firearms my firend. The G19 was my first handgun and the G26 is my EDC during the week. Both are Gen 3 models as well...

The 19 is my all time favorite model Glock. I ot the 26 first but got the 19 to go with it. I was a die hard Sig fan and the 229 is still my favorite gun. Like my user name suggests. But the 19 is a very close 2nd.

It is hard to beat the G19.

We need some pics of your 229 in our SIG thread. I like my P220 ES pretty well too... :D

Back