• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Optisan Mamba 1-4x30 Scope

Kodiak

.270 WIN
This is an initial impressions review. I've been wanting a 1-4 scope for tactical matches. I didn't want to spend much thou. I shoot mainly to keep up my abilities and less so to be competitive.

I ordered the scope, which comes with a mount, from www.swaf.com. There was no hassle with ordering or receiving the scope. It was very well packed using an over sized box and shipping peanuts.

I installed the mount and scope on my M&P 15 OR with no issues. I cleaned all screws with degreaser and used blue Loctite.

The first thing I noticed when I took the scope out of the box was that it is heavy. Per the manual it is 17.7 oz. Being that it is centered over the rifle when mounted, I didn't notice the extra weight to much. I adjusted the reticle focus and during zeroing adjusted the elevation knob and checked the illumination. Everything worked OK. The clicks on the windage and elevation could be more positive. With the nice white markings on the knobs it was no problem. I had no issues zeroing the scope and it held zero through 60-80 rounds and while adjusting zoom. The reticle does not change size when going from 1 to 4 magnification. For $150 + shipping, so far so good.

IMG_0824_zps643df127.jpg

The lack of a tight group can be attributed to the shooter and not the rifle, ammo or scope. I sight in 1.5" low at 25 yards to come close to a 100 yard zero.

2013-01-06_18-41-02_917.jpg

I'm in the process of matching the scope to my AR's paint job. Here it is mounted with the base coat applied.

IMG_0835_zpse11e6ea7.jpg

IMG_0839_zps4478e8b4.jpg

Back