• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New MVP Varmint owner and amazing...

PIMking

.22LR
Well I got my MVP last Friday and shot it twice. The first time the dial ring on the elevation knob wasn't tight so I couldn't really adjust it and get it really dialed in.

Today on the other hand was great played around 50, 75 and 100 yards and was amazed with the groupings.

Getting her dialed in at 100 yards

BE894A3B-76E8-4AAC-959A-15D43B7A8CDD-2709-0000015417D27BAB.jpg

The next 10 rounds of 55gr Hornady V-Max and was just flat out amazed

2A0BF4A6-8BA1-4F15-90C1-2F32B3139CF7-2709-00000154257617AF.jpg

My dies get in tomorrow and I will toy with some loadouts and get it about the same at 200 and 300 yards..

Just a funny story today was a guy that thought he was going to be mr cool guy with tannerrite at 100 yards and he "hit it" and it was a dud, I asked if I could give it a shot and he gave me the green light.

So I put in a 55gr 5.56 tracer in it and lined up and it was like a laser then BOOOM! the cool guy jumped out of his pants. It was a blast shooting the MVP today and the Savage 223 that I have.

The only complaint is that the bolt action is a little 'rough' the savage axis is much smoother so I got to figure out if it can be polished and cleaned up.

Welcome to MO! You found a great site. I hope you stop by the new member welcome area.

Nice groups for just starting out! Please keep us posted as I'd like to hear more about the MVP. Feel free to post up some pics too!.

carbinemike said:
Welcome to MO! You found a great site. I hope you stop by the new member welcone area.

Nice groups for just starting out! Please keep us posted as I'd like to hear more about the MVP. Feel free to post up some pics too!.

Well this isn't my first rifle, but the MVP only has maybe 35 rounds down range on it.

I've got a few other pictures but I need to take my actual camera with me.

Welcome to MO! Nice groups, I want one of these as well as a Savage!

PIMking,

Nice shooting!! I also like to have one of the MVP Varmint 24" barrel in 223. But this beauty of a gun is hard to get.

Back