• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

NY resistance is growing

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Here you go 2A battle hardened NYers! You seem to be ground zero right now for draconian laws and a pissed off attitude to fight them.

“Largest Act of Civil Disobedience in State History”

by Mac Slavo

With emotions running high in the aftermath of the Newtown Sandy Hook shooting, politicians on the State and Federal level have begun introducing legislative actions to curtail access to firearms protected by the Second Amendment. In Missouri, parents may soon be forced to register firearms with their child’s school under threat of criminal penalties. In Massachusetts, another proposal would require storage of semi-automatic rifles at government approved storage depots. And, in the State of New York, congressional representatives have already passed legislation that requires registration of every semi-automatic rifle and reduces maximum magazine capacity to 7 rounds of ammunition, and Governor Cuomo has floated the idea of gun confiscation.
Now, in what is sure to be a growing trend across the entire country, New York gun owners are organizing a resistance against what many believe to be the most, “brazen infringement on the right to keep and bear arms anywhere in the nation,” according toThe New American:

Preparations are already being made for mass resistance.
“I’ve heard from hundreds of people that they’re prepared to defy the law, and that number will be magnified by the thousands, by the tens of thousands, when the registration deadline comes,’’ said President Brian Olesen with American Shooters Supply, among the biggest gun dealers in the state, in an interview with the New York Post.
Even government officials admit that forcing New Yorkers to register their guns will be a tough sell, and they are apparently aware that massive non-compliance will be the order of the day. “Many of these assault-rifle owners aren’t going to register; we realize that,’’ a source in the Cuomo administration told the Post, adding that officials expect “widespread violations” of the new statute.
Threats of imprisoning gun owners for up to a year and confiscating their weapons are already being issued by governor’s office, headed by a rabid anti-Second Amendment extremist who suggested before the bill passed that “confiscation” of all semi-automatic rifles was being considered. If tens or even hundreds of thousands of otherwise law-abiding citizens refuse to comply, however, analysts say New York would either have to start raising taxes and building a lot more prisons, or give up on the scheme that experts say will do nothing to reduce violence and that lawmakers say is aimed at eventual confiscation.
Activists involved in the state-wide boycott against the unconstitutional statute who spoke to the Post almost taunted authorities, saying gun owners would essentially dare authorities to “come and take it away.”

According to the paper, leaders of some of the state’s hundreds of gun clubs, dealers, and non-profit organizations, citing the New York Constitution’s guarantee that gun rights “cannot be infringed,” are currently involved in organizing the resistance. Among the primary concerns is that, with registration, authorities would know where to go for confiscation, an idea already proposed openly by Governor Cuomo himself.
“They’re saying, ‘F— the governor! F— Cuomo! We’re not going to register our guns,’ and I think they’re serious. People are not going to do it. People are going to resist,” explained State Rifle and Pistol Association President Tom King, who also serves on the National Rifle Association board of directors. “They’re taking one of our guaranteed civil rights, and they’re taking it away.”
Opponents of the right to bear arms, take heed. The American people know what you’re up to and they will not stand for it.
The resistance has begun.

Thanks LES. I thought so too. It inspired me and I don't live there. Give em' hell NY!

Yeah, I'm glad I don't live in NY anymore but I wish I could help out in the demonstrations. While I have a sister who lives down-state, it is not feasible for me to drive there and back in 2 days. Four, yes, but not two.

some great news!!!

Attachments

• OliverNorth.jpg
    OliverNorth.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 297
To our NY members,

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. We will support you in any way possible...

We have a rally in 2 weeks which is supported by the NRA.

We have 3 lawsuits filed and 6 counties have voted to have the act repealed on behalf of the constituents.

Nys sheriffs have written letters to cuomo to suck it.

My sheriff in Suffolk county responded that he doesn't support it. We will see he is up for reelection.

Ill let u guys know how it turns out at the rally

Nice WaterMonkey!

Oath Keepers Founder Stewart Rhodes gave a fiery speech to approximately 3,000 New York gun owners, urging them to refuse to comply to the “SAFE Act,” to refuse to disarm, to nullify at every level.

He also urged them to make sure their county was a “Molon Labe” county, asking them “is your county a ‘come and take it’ county, or is it a’bend over and take it’ county? Which is it?! Find out now!”

He told them to make sure all the gun owners and veterans in their county are ready to stand up, and will commit to refuse to comply, and then go to the sheriff and the police chief of their town and put them on notice that they are expected to choose sides.

NY "law" WILL be reversed and Cuomo will wear a clown suit - those developing the case will not rush or make critical errors. There will never be a president Cuomo - perhaps not a second term governor!!

carbinemike said:
Nice WaterMonkey!

Oath Keepers Founder Stewart Rhodes gave a fiery speech to approximately 3,000 New York gun owners, urging them to refuse to comply to the “SAFE Act,” to refuse to disarm, to nullify at every level.

He also urged them to make sure their county was a “Molon Labe” county, asking them “is your county a ‘come and take it’ county, or is it a’bend over and take it’ county? Which is it?! Find out now!”

He told them to make sure all the gun owners and veterans in their county are ready to stand up, and will commit to refuse to comply, and then go to the sheriff and the police chief of their town and put them on notice that they are expected to choose sides.

http://youtu.be/IMRMIdQXJHE

Feb 12 in Albany - oath keepers!

As usual zero press on it.

There's a rally today against the senate leader Skelos at his office who backed and muscled this deal behind closed doors. RINO.

unfortunately I can't make it. But I know a lot who are.

Ya know, at one point a few years back I was thinking about moving to New York State... Sucks they had to go and ruin the place.

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=5800&utm ... pound-sand

Email that I sent to the three manufacturers listed in the article.
Please do the same. My email was short and sweet.

To: publicsafetysales@sigsauer.com, dgrier@smith-wesson.com, LE.info@glock.us

Subject: New York Sales

We don’t live in a police state: If it can’t be sold to citizens, it won’t be sold to State and local government.
Shut off sales to government agencies in New York State

Carry On!

Lenny Benedetto
Vice President
CCDL, Inc.

rjpoog1989 said:
Ya know, at one point a few years back I was thinking about moving to New York State... Sucks they had to go and ruin the place.
New York is simply going to be the East Coast California…..sacrificial, left as a reminder for the rest of us…..don’t let this happen here !
Maybe that’s why we have been so proactive here for so long, California is so close we had a front row seat to the demise of what was once the greatest state in the country

New York is simply going to be the East Coast California…..sacrificial, left as a reminder for the rest of us…..don’t let this happen here !
Maybe that’s why we have been so proactive here for so long, California is so close we had a front row seat to the demise of what was once the greatest state in the country

Oli, I hope you are wrong. I don't want any state to be sacrificed. Back this way we have a front row seat to the demise of most of the original 13 colonies. It's depressing.

One difference I see between California and NY is that NY doesn't seem to be willing to go down without a fight. Their gun laws weren't the greatest but the latest ones seem to have pushed them to the tipping point. California didn't seem to put up a fight for the most part. Someone out west, correct me if I'm wrong on this, because the news we get about you back east sucks. That's probably the case for what you here out west for news from here.

Keep fighting NY. No retreat, no surrender.

California has a super majority of liberal democrats. This allows them to pass just about anything.

Brown, the dem mayor can veto which then has the possibility of being overridden by the majority.

Pretty screwed up situation.

carbinemike said:
One difference I see between California and NY is that NY doesn't seem to be willing to go down without a fight. Their gun laws weren't the greatest but the latest ones seem to have pushed them to the tipping point. California didn't seem to put up a fight for the most part. Someone out west, correct me if I'm wrong on this, because the news we get about you back east sucks. That's probably the case for what you here out west for news from here.

Keep fighting NY. No retreat, no surrender.

No retreat... no surrender... despite some opaque views of others here.

Grass roots have started locally to hit the politicians at the polls. We will see how well it is working March 5th at a special election. One of the traitors will be going for a new position, we are poised to stop that. I hope we have the numbers.

Back