• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. megawatt

Drilling a third gas port for light loads?

I remember talking to Jim Fuller of Rifle dynamics years ago. Back when he was doing alot of work with Saiga shotguns. Customers were always wanting the Saiga to run on birdshot. He finally got the correct size of port and or number of ports to add (forget what the solution was). It was a...
  2. megawatt

How is your 930 SPX doing?

My 10 year+ old 930 SPX has been dependable. I did put a OR3gun Marine tube in there to make it 100% with low recoil shells. I did that for when I introduced young kids and women to shotguns.
  3. megawatt

Why is Mossberg 930 SPX still out of stock

Mostly because of the state you live in. Stupid rules, stupid hoops to jump thru, anti 2a state, do you really think any manufacturer puts CA on top of the “must supply list”? Both shotguns you do mention will serve you well. Good luck.
  4. megawatt

Mossberg 930 SPX; 3" and 2¾" rifled slug loads

Nice work. Thx for taking the time to do it.
  5. megawatt

Where do you guys buy your Ammo?

Ran across this today and ordered some 9mm from ammunition depot. Free shipping on orders over $99. A couple manufacturer choices of new factory 9mm starting at .17 per round. I got blazer brass at .18 per round delivered and purchases before 4 July get grunt style shirt and or hoodie for...
  6. megawatt

Wooo-Hooooo! I’m so happy right now.

Yours is soooooooooooooo much shorter than mine. Ok, jealous now.
  7. megawatt

My Mossberg 590A1 Mod

I like the idea of making it your own. I applaud you for not taking the rout of purchasing a aftermarket product and slapping it on your gun and calling it quits.
  8. megawatt

Centerfire ammo fits nicely in ammo cans but I put the shells in the small safe. Shells take up a lot of space.
  9. megawatt

930 SPX - 3" 15 pellet 00 buck loads

Nice post. Thanks for the pics and results.
  10. megawatt

Dummy shells

I have some A-Zoom snap caps. Amazon sells them for $20 for 6 each. They are a weighted aluminum solid one piece design and the nose is nicely rounded. There is no plastic to wear down or get cuts and nicks from repeated use. I am sure there are less expensive options but these should last a...
  11. megawatt

Noob break in question, or two

Yup, just load, shoot and repeat. Cheap stuff is ok you don’t need to get expensive flight control wad equipped shells for now. I simply lube the assembled gun before break in shooting, I don’t do a disassemble inspection on any new gun. The 590A1 really doesn’t need a lot of break in shells...
  12. megawatt

Definitely purchase by the case. The last purchase(s) I did was before Election Day of 2016. Been shooting since then and still haven’t had to spend any $ on ammo to shoot for any multi day class or afternoon trip to the desert.
  13. megawatt

FOUND A MARLIN

Dayum!!! That’s saying something because I have a 10/22 and it seems like cheating against varmits it is so accurate. Not the average one, but it is a 10/22.
  14. megawatt

What happen to Remington?

ok I guess I have been a sleep. I got my 590A1 and SPX almost 10 years ago. Back then it was Mossberg vs Remington. 870 vs 500 or 590. Cross bolt safety vs top tang safety. I never owned a Remington but always thought they were a good buy for a shotgun. And firearm owners having good choices...
  15. megawatt

Found a old box of ammo I lost back in 2000

Pfft. Year 2000 is practically factory fresh in ammunition life years. Shoot them up.
  16. megawatt

loading manual ?

I keep multiple manufacturer reloading books. There is never a best one.
  17. megawatt

Spyderco

In the past 3 weeks the damm para 3’s added to the above pic. A REX 45, CPM4V, S90V, and a S110V. I literally have a para3 for every day of the week. The ordinary (but capable) S30V steel knife is now in Texas for when I am home visiting.
  18. megawatt

Spyderco

Para 3 are starting to multiply. Finding it hard to resist the super steel offerings.
  19. megawatt

Did I damage my trigger assembly?

I wouldn’t worry about it at all, but that is just another opinion on the web. The 590A1 is stout gun. If putting the trigger assembly incorrectly with a little force damage the piece to make the gun un safe or inoperable please let us know.
  20. megawatt

Shockwave HD: Capacity or Power?

So the full power is 6 shells x 9 pellets = 54 Capacity is. 7 shells x 6 pellets = 42 I will always choose the standard 2.75” size that has a proven history and what the shotgun was designed for over a mini shell. Some reply’s above state they would choose capacity over power...
Back