• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. G

Buckshot/Slugs in a VR 500E?

With the popularity of the .45 Colt/.410 Taurus Judge, has come a greater selection of .410 loadings. I assume that some of these loads are finding their way into .410 shotguns. How safe it would be to shoot these loads in a full choke .410 shotgun? Such as the 500E with the FC 24" VR barrel...
  2. G

Sporting Clays

LTB45, I probably won't be messing with choke tubes...LOL I'm thinking of buying a brick of bulk 7 or 8 shot from wal-mart and using a modified choke to start with... I'm really not looking to compete, at least not at this stage. There is both a skeet/trap range and sporting clays range all...
  3. G

Sporting Clays

No problem LTB45. I was thinking of using a pump shotgun... I have an Ithaca DS Combo with a 24" VR barrel and Brilley chokes, that sits a lot more than it gets used and is the shotgun I had in mind for sporting clays. It's a beautiful shotgun, and a shame it sits around. I usually take one...
  4. G

Sporting Clays

I'm thinking about shooting some sporting clays this fall, there is a very good sporting clays range nearby so I've been told and I thought I'd give it a go...so what does a novice to sporting clays need to know about sporting clays...I don't want to show up with what isn't going to work...so...
  5. G

500E .410 for grouse?

I'm kinda somewhere in between a novice and an expert, and yes I was successful with the .410 on grouse. Actually I just got back from a full week hunting. My days were spent deer hunting in the AM/PM and grouse hunting during the afternoons. Saw lots of does...no bucks, so I was skunked on...
  6. G

500E .410 for grouse?

After being told by a coworker that the .410 wouldn't work for grouse...I decided to put it to the test...using 2 3/4" winchester #6 shot.... So what do you think? is the .410 to light for grouse or was the little 500E up to the task...
  7. G

Mossberg 464 SPX tactical lever rifle

I'm still thinking about getting one...though something that ugly should only be approached with from behind and with great caution...Yet I have to say that it's so ugly that it has a certain charm to it...which I'm strangely attracted to :lol:
  8. G

Pistol grip only shotgun

Yeah...he does good with a birdshead gripped Mossberg...very accurate. The guys an amazing shot.
  9. G

Real survivalists

I haven't seen that episopde. Les Stroud goes out for a week and films his experience and then has to edit it down to less than one hour. If that was the only episode a person ever saw then they might come away with a skewed perspective... that a mattress was very important. If a person kept...
  10. G

Rust in the chamber of my 590A1 *UPDATE WITH PICTURES*

Yep! sure hope OMF can get it figured out and squared away to your satisfaction...
  11. G

Shelter Me

I have thought about doing a similar shelter with block. Around here it's flat land, with lots of Sky. Basalt outcroppings and coleche (hardpan) are also common to the area, so digging down is either out of the question or very expensive, thats probably the reason there are so few basements in...
  12. G

Pistol grip only shotgun

I have a JIC in the tube. It's fairly easy to stow in the trunk and I'd be far more likely to have it with me while I'm out and about simply for that reason.
  13. G

Black Bear?

MikeD, Wow! thats way different than here. Bear tags are super easy to come by and inexpensive. I always pick up with my deer/elk tags, that way I'm sure not to see one...well thats the way it usually works out....lol Good luck! sorry to hear, you gotta leap through hoops just to get a tag!
  14. G

Pistol grip only shotgun

I view the pistol grip shotgun as a trade off...small enough to be unobtrusively stowed or tucked away. Kind of like having an insurance policy. You hope you never need it. Yet if you do...it's there. So it's a compromise, they are a tad bit eaiser to stow, but have less than desireable ergnomics.
  15. G

Shelter Me

Nice...I take it you'll still have shipping costs added to that...or no? Our biggest issue here is wildfires. No tornados or Hurricanes, nothing like that. But it's a tinderbox in the summer.
  16. G

Rust in the chamber of my 590A1 *UPDATE WITH PICTURES*

A chip isn't good, that shouldn't be there....the surface rust, if thats what it is, looks minimal. Granted...It shouldn't be there either, buy the same token it doesn't look to be all that bad. If it's just a bit of surface rust, a good gunsmith could have it cleaned up and back to you in no...
  17. G

What kind of sling?

A 1907? Hummm, I have one of those on another rifle. Possible, it's a good sling to put on an M1A and a definitely a contender... I've figured out what a ching sling is...and I'm not quite ready to add a third sling stud in front of the magazine well. Not just yet anyway. And if I did it would...
  18. G

Two Hobos

Thank you all for the great replies... I'm stoked about getting the amber bone handle hobo... It's going to be an awesome addition to the gear that rolls around with me... Since I've become a bit more of a homebody, the natural bone handle one has become part of my backpacking gear...
  19. G

Two Hobos

The one with the natural handle I bought in 1999 and has been around the country a couple of times...I couldn't begin to tell you how many times I have sat down to a tough steak at roadside diner and tried to saw through it with the steak knife they provided...problem solved...well partially...
  20. G

Bersa

It's all good, besides I don't give up easily... I think you are right I just need to get some time in at the range with it and work some of the practice ammo kinks out of it. I did notice the Herters was a tad warmer than the premium ammo...don't now if or how, that would figure in...or...
Back