• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. nkeegstra

Low recoil shells in slug or 00 buck

Jayta98; Lite birdshot is best for beginners. Also, have her push forward on the forearm when taking aim and firing. Most folks instinctively pull back w/ both hands. However much she is pushing forward at the time of the shot automatically reduces recoil by the same amount.
  2. nkeegstra

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: New to Mossberg and have a question 2011 is post 2008.......
  3. nkeegstra

I think I'm over reacting...

Just my 2 cents; loaded guns all around the house not under your immediate control don't sound like a solution, just another problem. When you leave the house, do you secure them? What happens if you come home and interupt a break-in? If you always need a gun within arms reach you need a...
  4. nkeegstra

My First Pump Shotgun and Needing Help!!

xxane; Welcome aboard; New guns often need to break in. Keep in mind pumps need to be cycled briskly, they tend to malfunction most when the slide is babied. I suggest you use dummy ammo and cycle the gun quite a bit to work out any machining burrs or tight fits. Dummy ammo allows you to do it...
  5. nkeegstra

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Re: Shorter Stock? Hogue makes a 12" shorty. Blackhawk and others make M-4 style adjustables. With care...wood stocks can be trimmed on a table saw or chop saw . When the recoil pad is replaced use a disk sander to carefully sand-to fit the edges
  6. nkeegstra

Slugs and Sabots in Smooth Bore or Rifled Bore

Sabots can serve two very different purposes. One purpose is to hold (center) a smaller projectile in a large bore. In this case you get a higher velocity by using a lighter than normal projectile. This still happens today when companies offer pistol size projectiles in shotguns shells. It is...
  7. nkeegstra

Floated or Bedded?

Actions are bedded, the barrels are floated. The actions are bed to keep them uniformly in contact with the stock. The barrels are floated to keep them from contacting the stock....all together its supposed to create consistant and repeatable point of impact. Important for long distance, I'm...
  8. nkeegstra

Inert Ammo

Dry firing is one thing, action proving is another. Snap caps will usually work fine. The ST Action Pro dummys are by FAR the best out there, a little pricey but well worth it. Snap Caps are supposed to take the strain off the firing pin when dry firing. Inert ammo allows practice loading...
  9. nkeegstra

Inert Ammo

The first accessory every firearms owner should obtain is high quality inert (Dummy) ammo for each caliber of weapon they own. Most accidents are caused when live ammo get discharged in places it should not and people get hurt or killed as a result. Many times, this happens at home when folks...
  10. nkeegstra

Droid, Iphone, Blackberry Apps.

Mobile phone Apps: FFL Locator and more Friends of ours at Huntgeek.com have developed some unique apps for iPhone and Droids. They have one that locates FFL Licensee's for when you are on the road. They have one for archer's arrow drop, Hunting property Mgmt. and one for fishing knots. Very...
  11. nkeegstra

Hogue Inc. OM Stocks and Grips Reviewed, Mossberg Compliant

Re: HOGUE Mossberg 500 OverMolded™ Shotgun Stock - 12" L.O.P The 'standard' 14 3/8" LOP is basicaly too long for most people. It gets worse when you put on a heavy winter coat which pushes the gun further away. In years of teaching police and corrections shotgun, the first thing I would do to...
  12. nkeegstra

.410 Ammo that my 500E Home Security won't digest....

sometimes the low brass gets 'torqued' in relation to the plastic hull and that 'bends' the shell so it won't feed well. Its all a quality control issue. Look at Lightfield HD rubber buckshot for the .410
  13. nkeegstra

non lethal ammo question

Modifying the barrel won't impove any LL load. If its already done, fine but don't expect much because of it. Look at Lightfield Home Defender loads at Sportsmansguide.com or MidwayUSA.com and go for the HV Slug or NOVA-DR. The NOVA is the loudest thing ever to come out of a 12ga and proven...
  14. nkeegstra

Vendors: Reviewed

ButtonSling.com Best sling ever. One bungee sling can go between multiple guns. Shotguns, AR's, Subguns. Versions for tactical and hunting. The best service available. Its made in the USA by the original inventor, a guy named Larry Gann in Missouri.
  15. nkeegstra

New member from NJ

Hi, I'm Neil Keegstra. I'm a retired police officer (28 years) still active teaching shotgun at several north Jersey police academies as well as for a private Corrections training provider. I am one of the US Patent holders for the Less Lethal ammo produced by Lightfield Ammunition and a strong...
Back